• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

Will he be guaranteed to be in the lineup every game next year too? I sure hope not

turrible. curious why we didn’t go for a pretty routine double play with 1 out

Bad loss. Steel would be a huge upgrade over Frick but that’s life. He had some pretty good pop in his bat. Can’t let road wins get away like that.

That was a game we definitely should have won. If we have any chance of making the NCAA's this year, we can't lose games like this one today. I think ACC road wins are going to be few and far between this season. We may win 9 or 10 home ACC games, which will likely get us in to the ACC Tournament in Durham.

Last year was a great year, but this year looks bleak to me. We just lost too much talent due to early departures, graduating Seniors, and suspended players. (Does anyone know what those 3 guys did? Hell, it looks like to me they have been dismissed instead of suspended.)

Btw, those homer ND cheerleader announcers will cause me to mute the sound tomorrow. I wish Stan and Lary made road trips.

I just don’t understand that strategy right there. ND pitcher had just walked consecutive batters bringing home 2 wake runs, yet Seymour swings on the first pitch and grounds out. Oh well. Deacs up 4-0 in the top of the 3rd.

Kids with another great response today against the Irish, two days in a row

I just don’t understand that strategy right there. ND pitcher had just walked consecutive batters bringing home 2 wake runs, yet Seymour swings on the first pitch and grounds out. Oh well. Deacs up 4-0 in the top of the 3rd.

That always gets me as well. I understand the school of thought that says the guy might want to throw a strike so badly, he’ll groove one. But I’m going to make the guy throw a strike.

ND lucky to be only down 6-0. Could’ve easily been 10 or 12 runs down.

the Irish tv crew just gave us a lot of credit having had 9 all-acc last year and with all the guys we lost and with 20 underclassmen to field a team like the one we have, it sure feels good

I don't mind. If it is a pitch you want swing at it. I mean nothing even close to borderline but a pitch you're looking for go for it. I mean taking a strike just to make him throw you a strike puts you behind and lowers your chance of getting a good pitch.

...phone won't let me edit.

Grounding out on a good pitch doesn't mean the strategy was bad.

I don't mind. If it is a pitch you want swing at it. I mean nothing even close to borderline but a pitch you're looking for go for it. I mean taking a strike just to make him throw you a strike puts you behind and lowers your chance of getting a good pitch.

I agree if the pitcher you’re facing has shown the ability to throw strikes, but in this case the guy had a difficult time just throwing a pitch near the strike zone.

Back