• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

I agree if the pitcher you’re facing has shown the ability to throw strikes, but in this case the guy had a difficult time just throwing a pitch near the strike zone.

Seymour is 4 of 5 today with 3 RBI. I green light him every time in that situation. Sit on a fast ball, take anything off speed or edge of zone but no reason to take on first pitch if it's a good pitch to hit. I can see it either way and taking is conventional wisdom but I'm not frustrated by the aggresiveness at all for the reasons stated.

Thank goodness we were up a touchdown going into the bottom of 9th.

weekend pitching has been simply spectacular and to have the bats wake up the last few weeks, these guys are amazing

A somewhat rare opportunity to watch a mid week game. 2-2 in the 2nd.

I know weekends are more heavily weighted but midweek games are going to cost us dearly. Wake does need t play well coming from behind.

Thanks Elon pitcher for those gifts. Tied 7-7 now in the 7th.

I don’t understand pulling Shane after one inning. He did fine. I know we wanna get everyone experience, but damn.

The bats battled but the pitching killed us. Two out walks and HBPs doomed us. Had them on the ropes in the 6th and Meuller hits into DP. It’s much tougher to get things done without long ball. Puts a premium on productive outs and base running. You could argue that Supple should have started the 7th. With the momentum we needed a shut down inning.

137 walks and hit batters in 217 innings is not the recipe for a good season. Averaging over 1 free runner every 2 innings. Consistent struggle the last few seasons given our pitching coach’s great reputation for building the staff.

Well that was unlucky. With 1 out and guys on first and second, Jake hit a bullet back up the middle, but the pitcher just got enough glove on it to re-direct it which resulted in a double play to end the inning. Cheats up 1-0 in the 3rd.

Hell yes DEACS. Up 2-1 going to the bottom 4th.

On a side note, Logan has zero chance at the plate. I’ve never seen someone strike out so quickly and consistently.

Absolutely laughable. They had a dude literally run through the grass, yet that’s all good. Poteet ran completely in the base line. Not his fault a shitty throw hit him in the shoulder. God I hate the cheats.

Back