• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2020

Big win. Pitching does seem to be much improved. Offense still scuffling and defense is garbage.

Great win especially after disastrous 8th and T9. Having a capable grad transfer come up to the plate was the difference.

If we can some how win tmrw, it would be a huge boost to the season. An 8-2 type win would even be better as it would show solid rotation and bats warming up to last year's level.

Last edited:
Big time win, we really needed that homer. Pitching has been excellent but hitting and defense, not so much

Congrats to the Baseball Deacs on a good win.

Sounds like the pitching lab is worth its space.

Now how about a defense lab?

Congrats to the Baseball Deacs on a good win.

Sounds like the pitching lab is worth its space.

Now how about a defense lab?

The pitching lab needs more experiments dealing with wild pitch avoidance.

Incredible pitching from both squads the last two days. I don’t think this is what Walter envisioned his team would look like. Really impressed by both Cusick and Shuster. They’ve made huge jumps. The bullpen is also deeper than its ever been before. John Hendricks has a good squad, and he’s coached them up well.

Offensively, guys need to turn the corner if they want to reach the high individual goals they’ve all set for themselves. Seymour needs to get it going, Ludowig needs to find a way to drop one where people aren’t. Tinsman is having a rough weekend. Hope he can break the funk tomorrow. Great to see Lanzili have a big day. As a team, the offense has been poor. Too many strikeouts, leaving too many guys in scoring position, and not getting the lead off guy on to start inning’s. That’s being very critical. I think there are lot of coaches in the ACC that would take our offense in a second. This just isn’t the offense that we expect coming from a Wake Baseball team. They’re better than they’ve been at the plate.

It would be a massive way to start conference play if they win it. Louisville should be the ACC’s best. They have pitching, hitting, base running, and defense. they are the complete package. I’ll be heading to The Couch tomorrow, y’all come join me!

I will be there with my family. We need to find a way to take the series!

So far this year we are 6-7 on SB while our opponents are 18-25. If you are not hitting, having a lineup that plays station to station baseball is going to really be a struggle. We don't do anything to put pressure on a defense.

Flemming getting destroyed. He doesn’t quite have the stuff to counter Louisville’s offense yet. He has a very hard fastball, but he doesn’t have enough control or his off speed pitches to be effective.

Wake needs to get the bats rolling if they want to have a chance.

Can’t believe I would say this but down 4 runs almost seems insurmountable this year. I hope I’m wrong

Can’t believe I would say this but down 4 runs almost seems insurmountable this year. I hope I’m wrong

Against Louisville’s pitching, Wake will have to keep it within 4 if they want a chance.

Didnt happen. 11-0 in the 6th. I tried to be optimistic yesterday but underneath felt this was more likely.

Feel now like well get smoked regularly by the better ACC teams....at State will likely be real ugly...

Back