• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Announced that there will be full capacity at the ACCT in Charlotte.

Sucks that Wake has chosen not to participate. :mad:

WF has committed 61 errors, thrown 61 wild pitches, had 61 combined (stolen bases allowed + balks) in 44 games

(56 stolen bases in 69 attempts and 5 balks; a balk is kind of like a free stolen base, and the symmetry was too rich)

for context, WF's opponents have committed 32 errors, thrown 40 wild pitches, and allowed a total of 12 stolen bases (24 attempts) plus one balk

so, combined counting stats of 183-85

stats from WF site

WF has committed 61 errors, thrown 61 wild pitches, had 61 combined (stolen bases allowed + balks) in 44 games

(56 stolen bases in 69 attempts and 5 balks; a balk is kind of like a free stolen base, and the symmetry was too rich)

for context, WF's opponents have committed 32 errors, thrown 40 wild pitches, and allowed a total of 12 stolen bases (24 attempts) plus one balk

so, combined counting stats of 183-85

stats from WF site

36 more unearned runs in 44 games. Probably double that with these other stats. Puts you 1.5 to 1.75 runs behind the 8 ball.

Wonder if we’ll get a Walter postgame interview after the sweep…O’Neill will ask Walter some batting practice fastball question tho

No Walter postgame interviews for several games now (all losses) if that is any indication....

No Walter postgame interviews for several games now (all losses) if that is any indication....

That is weak. You are the HC of an ACC program. When the team plays like crap, one of the duties is to address questions about the performance. Sorry that is unpleasant.

I was on vacation for a week. There wasn't a postgame presser last night because they haven't been doing them for midweek road games.

Just relieved to see 86 finally spell my name right.

I was on vacation for a week. There wasn't a postgame presser last night because they haven't been doing them for midweek road games.

Hey Conner O'Neall stop being so sensitive why do you care if Deaks86 spelt your name rite?

Walters prob has your drinking the Koolaid too cuz “he’s a good man” crap. I’m an asshole of a person, if I donated a kidney, does taht all of a sudden make me a good guy. Great deed but the association that he is a good guy as a coach is far fetched to assume.

The first thing you've said in 142 posts that I believe.

im pretty spot on with my assessments, unfiltered but pretty reasonable. how do you disagree with my assessment of walter having played under him, not simply written articles about wake?

6-1 win for Wake. Turconi with 3 2-run homers. I’ve been very critical of Cusick all year but good for him to finish his career at Wake with a fantastic start and win.

How come all the conference teams can play in the basketball ACCT, but not the baseball ACCT?

Really wanted to see the Deacs play in Charlotte. :(

Walter out!

How come all the conference teams can play in the basketball ACCT, but not the baseball ACCT?

Really wanted to see the Deacs play in Charlotte. :(

Walter out!

Can't do pool play with 14 teams, 12 is the max. Coaches don't want to play strict double-elimination, too taxing on pitching staffs leading up to NCAA's.

Can't do pool play with 14 teams, 12 is the max. Coaches don't want to play strict double-elimination, too taxing on pitching staffs leading up to NCAA's.

3-team pool play is dumb.

Really dumb.

The current ACC tournament structure is really a single-elimination tournament, where the top 4 teams get byes, except instead of a true off day, they have to play an exhibition game that everybody knows (before the first pitch of said game) is utterly meaningless to the outcome of the tournament. (I get the reason they play the games - this way everyone gets 2 games, even if one of them is a farce)

If we scrapped the exhibition games, we could have a single elimination tournament (again, as we effectively do anyway) and have all 14 teams, to wit:

Tuesday
Game1 11 v 14
Game2 12 v 13
Game3 8 vs 9

Wednesday
Game4 7 vs 10
Game5 winner Game2 vs. 5
Game6 winner Game1 vs. 6

Thursday
Game7
Game3 winner vs. 1 - winner is in semifinals
Game8 Game4 winner vs. 2 - winner is in semifinals
<Time here for an exhibition game or two if the ACC really needs one>

Friday
Game9
Game5 winner vs. 4 - winner is in semifinals
Game10 Game6 winner vs. 3 - winner is in semifinals
<Time here for an exhibition game or two if the ACC really needs one>

Saturday
Semifinals as is the case with the current format
more time for more exhibitions games if needed

I agree that the 3 team pool format is flawed. However, have no sympathy for any program that, after playing ten 3 games series against conference foes, can't finish in the top 12 out of 14 school; that's not a high bar. No moral ground for WF to complain about the exclusion from the ACC Tourney, given the Deacs 8-22 conference record.

Back