• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

did not mean to express any desire for this WF team to be in the ACCT - they are what their record says they are - just pointing out the ACC could definitely make it work if desired.

or, the ACC could have a 12-team single elimination and build in some losers' exhibitions if they really want to. But the current format is a joke.

Wake wins game 2 12-5.

haven't watched pitt series but the fact wake suddenly plays well against a good opponent (albeit overrated and probably a pretender) when the heat is off and there are no playoff implications speaks to their mental weakness IMO. it's almost as if they are playing loose now because there is nothing on the line. Walter is responsible for that culture of weakness

Deacs86 must have been cut by Coach Walter. He is a kind person but I guess you will make enemies as a coach. Yes it has been a horribly disappointing year but that doesn’t automatically signify that Walter is horrible person and creates some horrible culture.

Deacs86 must have been cut by Coach Walter. He is a kind person but I guess you will make enemies as a coach. Yes it has been a horribly disappointing year but that doesn’t automatically signify that Walter is horrible person and creates some horrible culture.

Transferred* but yeah the idea of bad culture certainly holds some truth when it happens year after year after year wouldn’t you say?

Walter is probably a great human being and a credit to WFU. What he is not is a winning baseball coach. The evidence is his in his won - loss record. Explanations and excuses don't overcome lousy performance.

WF beats Pitt 10-2 to sweep the series by an aggregate 28-8 count

Pitt came into the series hoping to sweep and earn one of the top 4 seeds in the ACC tournament (which is essentially a bye). Instead they get swept and are 22-19 on the year

Tough, tough season for WF ends.

Good weekend for the Deacs and the Seniors. Seemed like they all contributed today. Good moment for McNamee home ring in the 8th. A change has to be made, and I think it will happen, but good for these guys to go out on a winning note.

Pressure is off now that we're eliminated.... wouldn't surprise me that they win a few games now. :dumb:

Well, well, well.

Too little, too late to save Walter's job. Not making the ACCT is inexcusable when looking to host a regional.

Well, well, well.

Too little, too late to save Walter's job. Not making the ACCT is inexcusable when looking to host a regional.

Maybe he would like to be a sports administrator in the Athletic department instead of a coach

Maybe he would like to be a sports administrator in the Athletic department instead of a coach

No no he neeeds to be fired so he can devote more time to get in game change thing. He can impact more lives there and make a difference in the community. Go deacs

With all due respect, the Athletic Department doesn’t owe Walter a job because he is a decent human. He has done very well financially at Wake and there are lots of scouting jobs in MLB. Covid has put a strain on athletic departments and although we are not talking about a huge sum of money to hide him somewhere in the athletic department it is still a waste of money.

Fuck that. Transferring shitty employees to a different role, hoping they resurrect themselves, is a terrible management approach. Send him packing.

Thankfully, I think this blue hair, "Wake Forest Way" mentality left the AD when Wellman was force retired. Some of our fans are still infected with it though.

Given we don't have any unexpected transfers this offseason, what kind of lineup are we looking at going into next season?

Just glancing at roster, I'm seeing something like:

Costello
Bennett
Turconi
Tinsman
Cecere
Wilken
Broderick?
Pilat?

Any Fr supposed to come in and make an immediate impact?

I feel good about pitching, so I'm really just focused on offense.

WF's top two 2021 baseball recruits are:

LHP Josh Hartle King, NC
RHP Peter Heubeck Baltimore, MD

MLB.com rates Hartle as #31 prospect in the draft (late first round/early second round) and Heubeck at the #100 prospect. Where either or both gets drafted will depend on a number of factors including willingness to agree to below slot deals. Hartle is HS teammates with another WF 2021 recruit INF Tommy Hawke. Hawke and Hartle attend Reagan HS.

WF has a highly rated recruiting class (but that has been the case for awhile without expected results). Here's a link to the 2021 WF class: https://www.perfectgame.org/College/CollegeCommitments.aspx?college=1848

Back