• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ BC 11/27 – Noon ESPN2

Fuck that noise. Clemson is one thing. They are 72-3 at home since the beginning of the 2011 season.

Boston College is not Clemson. We’re favored to win the game and we should win the game. Go up there and execute like we can, walk out champions.

Clawson has been awful on the road in November. 3-12. That includes 7 straight road November losses in 2019, 2020 (includes Dec), and so far in 2021.

2014 - L - State
2015 - L - ND, Clemson
2016 - L - Louisville
2017 - L - ND; W - Cuse
2018 - W - State, Duke
2019 - L - VT, Clemson, Cuse
2020 - L - UNC, Louisville
2021 - L - UNC, Clemson

Fuck that noise. Clemson is one thing. They are 72-3 at home since the beginning of the 2011 season.

Boston College is not Clemson. We’re favored to win the game and we should win the game. Go up there and execute like we can, walk out champions.

BC @ Clemson this year lost 19-13 without their starting QB...

Clawson has been awful on the road in November. 3-12. That includes 7 straight road November losses in 2019, 2020 (includes Dec), and so far in 2021.

2014 - L - State
2015 - L - ND, Clemson
2016 - L - Louisville
2017 - L - ND; W - Cuse
2018 - W - State, Duke
2021 - L - UNC, Clemson

Ouch. Lack of quality depth catching up late in the season no doubt contributes. But, except for the Duke game, those are quality opponents at least.

Yep. November on the road has not been kind to Clawson and the Deacs.

THE TIME IS NOW!

Our schedule always seems to be backloaded with the most difficult teams at the end of the season.

I think we’ll be ready pull out all the stops tomorrow. I just hope they gravity of the situation doesn’t cause our team to come out tight. I think we did last week.

BC @ Clemson this year lost 19-13 without their starting QB...
And Clemson had a bunch young 4/5 stars who aren't young anymore. Clemson straight back to the top next year and still can make the ACC championship.

2014 - L - State
2015 - L - ND, Clemson
2016 - L - Louisville
2017 - L - ND; W - Cuse
2018 - W - State, Duke
2021 - L - UNC, Clemson

Year-end Sagarin ratings of those teams. Couldn't find 2017 Sagarin so used SRS. Taking home field into account, believe we have been favored according to Sagarin 2 times over that span (Cuse 2017, UL 2020 during Covid):

Sagarin favors WF tomorrow

2014 - L - State (48) (WF 125)
2015 - L - ND (11), Clemson (2) (WF 92)
2016 - L - Louisville (22) (WF 48)
2017 - L - ND (7); W - Cuse (60) (WF 22)*
2018 - W - State (30), Duke (49) (WF 60)
2019 - L - VT (44), Clemson (3), Cuse (65) (WF 60)
2020 - L - UNC (22), Louisville (53) (WF 45)
2021 - L - UNC (49), Clemson (14) (WF 22) (BC-65)

If Good to Great means anything, we win. If we just want to be Good to Good, we win.

Last edited:
GREAT thing about the BC game is WF gets to play winner and spoiler, especially important after Clemson put a hurting on the Deacs.

it's just about a first down and against a top 5 Defense. yeah, pretty good for that game when we used it.

GREAT thing about the BC game is WF gets to play winner and spoiler, especially important after Clemson put a hurting on the Deacs.

This. Part of me wants State to lose to Tarholes so we can play both roles and spoil Clemson’s redemption and win the division at 7-1.

If we don't win this game we don't deserve to be in the ACC Championship game. And if we do win this game, no one can dispute that we earned it. I don't expect it to be easy, and I'll be surprised if it is more than a one-possession game. But I fully expect to win.

I know we never seem to get any injury news until about an hour before kickoff but any news on whether CBS/Ellison, Jurgens, Maginn, Carson, Greer may be available?

I know we never seem to get any injury news until about an hour before kickoff but any news on whether CBS/Ellison, Jurgens, Maginn, Carson, Greer may be available?

FWIW, Carson got removed from the depth chart for the first time this week

I don't think we have a single healthy corner. We'll probably roll out there with a hobbled Ja'Sir and a hobbled Holmes. If JJ Roberts could step in and play a game like he did against NCSU, we'd be in good shape, but he's been either awesome or bad. Will be all hands on deck.

Back