• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Boston College Thread

Agree. Defense played bend but not break. Third downs much better. Play calling suspect and although Jamie put up numbers he made some bad reads resulting in turnovers. First half sage missing easy first down ball that he always catches put defense in a bad spot. Two red zone field goals. I think the defense played great. Offense could play better. And needs to.

Vanilla O concerns me long-term. Situational personnel and play calling, as well. So far it's working but can't c it sustaining wins as we progress and teams prepare for us. We are seemingly always one trick play from a loss.

I for one DO hope AJ Dillon ends up in the NFC South, with the panthers. Can you imagine that kind of 1-2 punch? I have a ton of respect for that kid. He’s gonna be a star in the NFL

Seems to me that if they’re giving you one on one on the outside all game and taking away the runs in the middle you need to just go with what the defense gives you.

Although Sage dropped a gimme which likely woulda kept us up by 10 all game

We escaped with a ton of big 3rd down conversions

Last edited:
Wake was phenomeal at those intermediate pass and catches. Freudenthal and Hinton kept drives alive. It was fun to watch. This team is good, bros.

As I say each week, my goal is to win the game and have little or no injuries. We did this yet again.
It wasn’t the prettiest, bit I’ll take an ugly win any day.
Besides improved skill and experience, I think our team has a mental toughness that won’t accept defeat.

Now, time to take a breather and prepare for the next segment of the season......one game at a time.

Vanilla O concerns me long-term. Situational personnel and play calling, as well. So far it's working but can't c it sustaining wins as we progress and teams prepare for us. We are seemingly always one trick play from a loss.

I have a feeling/hope that the RPO/draw O becomes such a small part of our O going forward and we go full out spread. 5-0 with poor-mediocre play calling is great IF they change it up and adapt to how we can win. If they stick with this entire game plan and assume we can win every close game, I'm going to lose my shit. Adapt and go bonkers on spread and smart running with smart runs.

I for one DO hope AJ Dillon ends up in the NFC South, with the panthers. Can you imagine that kind of 1-2 punch? I have a ton of respect for that kid. He’s gonna be a star in the NFL

Nah. He’d waste away behind CMC.

I'm sitting at a restaurant in my little home town of Walnut Cove and hear the Wake fight song playing loud at the bed.amd breakfast across the street. Who is having a party? I'm crashing lol

The Deacs just played a football game in which they were never losing, the lowest ESPN’s win probability got was 56%, we won by roughly what the spread was, and I still don’t feel like we played our best. I don’t know what this feeling is, but wild times to be a Deac
This

I'm sitting at a restaurant in my little home town of Walnut Cove and hear the Wake fight song playing loud at the bed.amd breakfast across the street. Who is having a party? I'm crashing lol

Tell us how it turned out.

You mistook Carolina on My Mind for our fight song?

Hillbilly Hideaway?!

Bed and Breakfast on the 311 side of town across from 311 grill. Usually does a ton of weddings been really busy since the new owners bought it. Probably about 60 cars out in the yard. I was sitting on the deck at 311 and they played the fight song and everyone yelled about a half hour ago.

I figured it was a Deacon wedding and if they loved Wake enough to play the fight song at the wedding they are probably on the boards as well.

BC was tied for second nationally in interceptions (7) and tied for fifth nationally in takeaways (10). They led the nation at +9 turnovers. I imagine the offensive game plan took this into account with an emphasis on minimizing turnovers. Deacs win the turnover battle 3-1. Plan worked. Deacs win.

If this limits your ability to talk crap to your friends I have a remedy. Smile and say "Undefeated". Nothing more need be said. That is all.

Boy they are hating us on the BC board game thread. They say we are terrible and Clawson is garbage. I don't hear many fans call Clawson garbage

Back