• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Boston College Thread

Boy they are hating us on the BC board game thread. They say we are terrible and Clawson is garbage. I don't hear many fans call Clawson garbage

Why?
And if we’re terrible then they must be worse.

my deacs

ACC Network production team was the real loser today

Yeah what the fuck was that. Numerous absent yellow lines, especially on short yardage, and constantly being behind where a pass was going so you didn’t see what happened until after the fact (catch or incomplete)

Boy they are hating us on the BC board game thread. They say we are terrible and Clawson is garbage. I don't hear many fans call Clawson garbage

It's the third consecutive time the Deacs have come to Boston and left town with a W. Pisses people off.

Agree. Defense played bend but not break. Third downs much better. Play calling suspect and although Jamie put up numbers he made some bad reads resulting in turnovers. First half sage missing easy first down ball that he always catches put defense in a bad spot. Two red zone field goals. I think the defense played great. Offense could play better. And needs to.

The DB for BC was grabbing Sage's facemark on that dropped ball. Pull up the Wake website writeup of the game and the picture at the top shows Sage getting facemasked

Last edited:
Why?
And if we’re terrible then they must be worse.

If you are referring to Eagle Outsider, I wouldn't take the place too seriously. It's dominated by a small number of posters who are a little crazy and don't represent the average BC fan. Congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the way. I like to see other private schools do well (other than Syracuse and ND).

Yeah what the fuck was that. Numerous absent yellow lines, especially on short yardage, and constantly being behind where a pass was going so you didn’t see what happened until after the fact (catch or incomplete)

lots of errors on the down and distance

yeah folks not understanding that we just needed to run the clock down and play the field position game are nuts. That said, I don't understand why on that last drive we kept snapping the ball with 15 to 20 seconds left on the clock.

All the plays where I specifically watched the clock, Newman ran it down to 5 sec or less. This was a complaint after the UNC game, and I didn’t see it today. We basically killed off the last 7 minutes.

The DB for BC was grabbing Sage's facemark on that dropped ball. Pull up the Wake website writeup of the game and the picture at the top shows Sage getting facemasked

Pretty sure this is from Sage’s one handed TD grab

80dd9423c263c2b7f4037a2ed6030d1b.jpg

Another 500+ yards given up by the D to a team that hasn't really shown much up til now....

Conference road win against a well coached team. Go Deacs! 5 and 0 baby!

ACCN suggesting that Walker was dinged up. Richt also mentioned our AB “Newsome.”

If you are referring to Eagle Outsider, I wouldn't take the place too seriously. It's dominated by a small number of posters who are a little crazy and don't represent the average BC fan. Congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the way. I like to see other private schools do well (other than Syracuse and ND).

Good luck to you as well. Always a great game with you guys.

yeah folks not understanding that we just needed to run the clock down and play the field position game are nuts. That said, I don't understand why on that last drive we kept snapping the ball with 15 to 20 seconds left on the clock.

Wake would be lined up and ready with 20 seconds on tjr play clock, then Newman would hold and wait until the clock was down to 6 or fewer seconds. He would look at the D to see if they were napping. Otherwise he did a good job of burning clock by waiting to snap.

That drive did what it was supposed to do. BC had 28 seconds to cover 96 yards.

To go on the road, against an Atlantic opponent, play less than our best football, and win while never trailing is pretty impressive.

We weren't. We ran the clock down under 10 seconds on almost every play.

We weren't. We ran the clock down under 10 seconds on almost every play.
Pretty sure that the first few plays of WF's last drive had snaps with about 15-20 seconds left on the play clock (and running game time). Then after about 2-3 plays WF lined up early but waited on the snap.

5-0. Undefeated.

We should be beating teams by more. I’ve been disappointed in our game plans against BC and UNC. Felt we could’ve beaten both soundly and I’m not sure why we didn’t throw the ball much more and downfield.

Newman made a bad decision where I’m assuming he didn’t see the safety. He’s the real deal.

Our defense did their jobs. Gave up a lot of yardage but didn’t break. I was disappointed about our inability to contain the edge against BC but we did what we needed to win.

I feel like we got out-coached in terms of game plan. It’s not often Wake has enough talent to win an ACC road game against a solid opponent while being out-coached, but this team is extremely talented.

We won, on the road, against a good ACC team. Clemson only beat Carolina by 1 today. These don’t come easy.

We’re not playing to our full potential yet fellow Deacon fans. Get ready. This has all the makings for a special season.

Roll MF Deacs.

Back