• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Boston College Thread

Going with seats on the 40 in the upper deck.

There is apparently a Boston alum event Friday night somewhere downtown with Currie. Should I ask THE question or is it too early ?

Also a Wake tailgate party starting at noon Saturday somewhere near Alumni Stadium.

Bring back the helicopter that was flying way way way too low around the stadium too!

OMG, was that the game where the Huey took off from what is now the tennis courts ?

He barely cleared the light towers while banking over Deacon Hill....loud as hell and very scary !

Going with seats on the 40 in the upper deck.

There is apparently a Boston alum event Friday night somewhere downtown with Currie. Should I ask THE question or is it too early ?

Also a Wake tailgate party starting at noon Saturday somewhere near Alumni Stadium.

I don’t think it’s ever too early to bring up THE question. I hope Currie is thinking about that question every single day.

Q. The last one is (indiscernible) hasn’t been under a ton of duress?

STEVE ADDAZIO: No, we’re one of the tops in the country as far as protection right now.

Q. (No microphone). How interested are you in that matchup?

STEVE ADDAZIO: I’m always interested in that matchup. We’re pretty good up front. There’s a few areas that we’re pretty good at. One is up front in terms of protecting the quarterback. The other is turnovers. I think we had one turnover, and it was on a trick play. We’re pretty good on takeaways. I think we’re up in the top 10 or 15 in the country.

We’re, I think, third in the conference on explosive offensive plays. I mean, there’s a lot of good things that are going on within what we’re doing, but one of them is protection. So I think they’ve got one of their defensive ends there that’s a pretty talented guy, and they’re going to pose some more athleticism on the edge for sure. But I think we’re pretty veteran and we’re pretty strong.

We’re also a big play action team. It’s hard to transition from run stop to pass rush that quickly, but for sure, for sure, Wake has got our full attention with their ability to get home to the quarterback, for sure.

BC has a young secondary that hasn't been playing well. Newman, Sage, and Scotty need to go off. If they try to take away the big WRs then Hinton and Jack need to make them pay on the inside of the field. Wouldn't hurt to have the RBs break some big plays too so that the offense is multi-dimensional. They can't take away the big WRs, Hinton in the slot, and the read option with Newman and our RBs, all at the same time.

Defense has to get better tackling, can't have their huge RBs breaking the first tackle and trucking our secondary on the way to a TD. Nasir can lay the hammer on hits so if he lights up Dillon one play that would help, but that is a big ask. Dillon is probably the most difficult downhill running RB in college football. CBs have to get off their blocks to help tackle. Looking at you Amari.

I think we'll finally see the intended snap count split between Hinton and Roberson this week. Roberson may get more snaps if Hinton needs to be "eased" back in - sort of the way Tyler Williams was eased back in on the D-Line. I would assume Roberson's confidence is sky high right now and I am confident he will contribute when given opportunity. He made a great catch on one throw last week, but was out of bounds, and his touchdown was special - great route, first down on a 4th down call, but had the confidence to not fall down for the first down and instead wait for the Elon player to over commit and cut it back.

I am curious how we will use Claude in this game. As well as A.T. Perry. Will they each get 20 or so snaps spelling Washington and Surratt? Or will Claude get 20 - 30 snaps spelling both of them?

And then there is Kenneth Walker. Does he leapfrog Christian on the depth chart? We didn't need to cross that bridge last week as we played Carney only a few series. This week, do they split the series 50/25/25? Or do we see something else?

On defense, I will be curious how much Tyler Williams plays, but also how we play against a play action team with 2 huge backs. Is Masterson in there for 90% of the snaps as a rover? How well is Nasir Greer going to be at playing his position and preparing to cut those big RBs? He was pretty quiet last week, I think by design. His snap count was unusually low in order to get some young guys more snaps and I suppose to rest him for this game.

It goes without saying, but we can really leave it all out on the field this game too due to the bye week coming up.

We are going to be at a huge advantage against Louisville at home two weeks from now as they get BC the week we are resting.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s ever too early to bring up THE question. I hope Currie is thinking about that question every single day.

The setting may be awkward....but will try to back into it somehow if I get a one-on-one with him.

This game worries me a lot. I thought we'd beat them at home last year and they mashed us.

The BC game last year was the game that got Sawvel fired. Not the ND game. I think we are going to see an inspired game from our defense this Saturday.

The BC game last year was the game that got Sawvel fired. Not the ND game. I think we are going to see an inspired game from our defense this Saturday.

I hope so because I was at the BC game last year and the D no doubt disappointed me. I want this one bad.

I think we'll finally see the intended snap count split between Hinton and Roberson this week. Roberson may get more snaps if Hinton needs to be "eased" back in - sort of the way Tyler Williams was eased back in on the D-Line. I would assume Roberson's confidence is sky high right now and I am confident he will contribute when given opportunity. He made a great catch on one throw last week, but was out of bounds, and his touchdown was special - great route, first down on a 4th down call, but had the confidence to not fall down for the first down and instead wait for the Elon player to over commit and cut it back.

I am curious how we will use Claude in this game. As well as A.T. Perry. Will they each get 20 or so snaps spelling Washington and Surratt? Or will Claude get 20 - 30 snaps spelling both of them?

And then there is Kenneth Walker. Does he leapfrog Christian on the depth chart? We didn't need to cross that bridge last week as we played Carney only a few series. This week, do they split the series 50/25/25? Or do we see something else?

On defense, I will be curious how much Tyler Williams plays, but also how we play against a play action team with 2 huge backs. Is Masterson in there for 90% of the snaps as a rover? How well is Nasir Greer going to be at playing his position and preparing to cut those big RBs? He was pretty quiet last week, I think by design. His snap count was unusually low in order to get some young guys more snaps and I suppose to rest him for this game.

It goes without saying, but we can really leave it all out on the field this game too due to the bye week coming up.

We are going to be at a huge advantage against Louisville at home two weeks from now as they get BC the week we are resting.

Great questions, I hope the answers are as follows:

- Hinton 70/30 to Roberson. Healthy Hinton is special

- Think Claude and Newman have a good chemistry, so would be surprised to see Perry take snaps away from the top 4. Think Perry works to spell Washington if he gets dinged up one game and really work towards doing 2019 Scotty Washington things in 2020.

- Walker needs the ball. Carney primary back and then Walker end of 1st and end of 3rd quarter. 60/35/5 would be ideal.

- Nasir is going to be a monster Saturday. He is a missile.

I think Clawson and Ruggiero finally have their RB, WR, PR, and KR rotations healthy. I think we will see Claude sub in for Scotty and Sage and get 30% of the snaps and see Roberson get 20-30% of snaps. I think we will see something like a 5/3/1 split in series for Cade/Walker/CBS. Basically Cade starts and alternates series with Walker/CBS.

Interestingly, the BC coach in his press conference discussion how inexperienced the BC defense is at great length, while Clawson discusses how experienced the BC defense is. Very bizarre.

Geez. It's going to be like Clawson is coaching Manning on Saturday.

You can always ask. But don't expect much of an answer. This is not the right time of the year for a good answer to THE Question.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...y-came-from/ICnMlYmJKTzoK5Djfojf0O/story.html

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...caps-Elon-previews-Boston-College--136069081/

[ION AJ DILLON HAVING HIS BEST GAME OF THE YEAR LAST SEASON AGAINST WAKE
Clawson:
“Everybody on their roster had their best game here. The quarterback (Anthony Brown) had his best game. AJ Dillon had his best game. The receivers ran past us. They didn’t even have to get to the red zone to score last year. They had six explosive touchdowns. I’m sure if those guys are watching the film, they are excited to be playing us again. There’s a lot of things we didn’t defend. If you want the film, I don’t know how anybody on defense on our football team can feel good about how we played. The third play of the game, they run a little counter and Dillon goes for 45 yards. Then they do a double move for a post. They run a wheel route off of play action. We get back in the game, then they run by us again to score a touchdown. They scored six touchdowns last year and weren’t in the red zone once. They made explosive plays. They ran the ball They pretty much did whatever they wanted a year ago.”

ON IF THE TEAM COULD HAVE BEEN SURPRISED AT BOSTON COLLEGE’S EXPLOSIVENESS LAST SEASON
Clawson:
“We knew they were dangerous going into the game. What happens to a team like Boston College that have backs like Dillion and David Bailey with a big, physical offensive line — you can get so geared up to stop the run that you don’t put your eyes in the right place then all the sudden there's guys running down the field uncovered. They do a really good job with their play-action game. ][/I]

Last edited:
Back