• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Citadel

deactherunner

Reaction score
Quite a lineup and bench for the Bulldogs.

Citadel_zps0b5366e7.png

Stop Eddie Morales. It's a key to the game that even [Redacted] can figure out. Right?

On a serious note, are you aware that the Ol' Lefthander's son is their HC?

In the 70's, we observed that a hybrid coach that could recruit like Lefty and game-coach like Tacy would win a NC. On the other hand, the opposite would be quite frightening. Some might suggest that we have that opposite today.

But that would be unfair to the opposite.

If Morales gets in foul trouble we're set.

What's the deal with this game? It's listed as the "play-in" game for the Atlantis Tournament. I assume the outcome doesn't have anything to do with the games in the Bahamas, but is that matchup dictated by that tournament? Seems odd. Kansas plays Towson as well as their play-in game.

In the 70's, we observed that a hybrid coach that could recruit like Lefty and game-coach like Tacy would win a NC. On the other hand, the opposite would be quite frightening. Some might suggest that we have that opposite today.

But that would be unfair to the opposite.

ba-da-boom!

What's the deal with this game? It's listed as the "play-in" game for the Atlantis Tournament. I assume the outcome doesn't have anything to do with the games in the Bahamas, but is that matchup dictated by that tournament? Seems odd. Kansas plays Towson as well as their play-in game.

in any normal year the play-in would be a forgone conclusion. not with bzz.

These tournaments now have "home" games of the participating teams that have nothing to do with the actual tournament draw. We play Kansas Thanksgiving night regardless.

Citadel plays Towson next Friday. Not sure why they call it a play-in.

These tournaments now have "home" games of the participating teams that have nothing to do with the actual tournament draw. We play Kansas Thanksgiving night regardless.

Yeah, I get that part. Just curious about these teams that aren't going to the Bahamas but are listed as play-in games. Partly because some were criticizing us scheduling Citadel, but it doesn't look like we actually scheduled that game.

Why would anyone criticize Wake for scheduling Citadel? Padding their schedule?

Why would anyone criticize Wake for scheduling Citadel? Padding their schedule?

Lol. Solid point.

So it looks like there's actually a "mainland bracket" made up of crappy teams that play a 4 team mainland championship series. Funny that's it's not anywhere on the actual Battle 4 Atlantis website.

I don't think anybody is criticizing any particular bad team we play, just the number of them.

Back