• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Citadel

I don't think anybody is criticizing any particular bad team we play, just the number of them.

This is like saying nobody is criticizing you for eating your fourth bucket of fries, they're just saying you're a disgusting fat-ass.

Lol. Solid point.

So it looks like there's actually a "mainland bracket" made up of crappy teams that play a 4 team mainland championship series. Funny that's it's not anywhere on the actual Battle 4 Atlantis website.

What a freakshow...How can anyone associated with WFU be proud of the fact this has become our reality?

What a freakshow...How can anyone associated with WFU be proud of the fact this has become our reality?

What are you talking about? We signed up for a great pre-season tournament featuring Kansas. Citadel is a required game to be in that tournament.

This is like saying nobody is criticizing you for eating your fourth bucket of fries, they're just saying you're a disgusting fat-ass.

Every team plays at least one cupcake. Which particular cupcake it is really isn't that important. The issue is the number of cupcakes you play.

If we had to play The Citadel to be in this tournament, then we could have adjusted the other games we scheduled to make the schedule harder.

Every team plays at least one cupcake. Which particular cupcake it is really isn't that important. The issue is the number of cupcakes you play.

If we had to play The Citadel to be in this tournament, then we could have adjusted the other games we scheduled to make the schedule harder.

Imagine if we weren't in the Battle for Atlantis this year how bad our non-conference SOS would be????

I think there are only 4 play-in games so only half the field ended up with one. Scheduling-wise I doubt they knew in time to alter their plans. If I recall we knew the Kansas matchup immediately but that was about it.

I think there are only 4 play-in games so only half the field ended up with one. Scheduling-wise I doubt they knew in time to alter their plans. If I recall we knew the Kansas matchup immediately but that was about it.

i wonder if they just crafted that together based on teams that were already scheduled.

I don't think anybody is criticizing any particular bad team we play, just the number of them.

And that all of them appear to be particularly awful in comparison to past cupcakes.

Other than the Battle for Atlantis games, what is our "marquee" non-conference game. Xavier (who we could also play in the Battle for Atlantis, so it's possible we could play then twice), St. Bonny, Tulane, Richmond????

I still don't understand why people act like playing Kansas doesn't count as a non-conference game because it's in a tournament. Kansas, Xavier (Prosser Classic), and UNCG (Rivalry) were probably the first 3 games Wake was guaranteed already when planning their schedule. Correct me if I'm wrong - was Richmond also guaranteed?

I still don't understand why people act like playing Kansas doesn't count as a non-conference game because it's in a tournament. Kansas, Xavier (Prosser Classic), and UNCG (Rivalry) were probably the first 3 games Wake was guaranteed already when planning their schedule. Correct me if I'm wrong - was Richmond also guaranteed?

UNCG is not a rivalry game, give me a freaking break.

Kansas was not guaranteed until after the schedule was completed.

Kansas was not guaranteed until after the schedule was completed.

UNCG isn't a rivalry anybody gives a shit about, but it's listed a rivalry game as in this year was a required game after last year.

Ph, Wake versus Kansas was decided in May. There was a press release in early June. The schedule was finalized in August.

These tournaments now have "home" games of the participating teams that have nothing to do with the actual tournament draw. We play Kansas Thanksgiving night regardless.

Gee! That will be the cause of some major indigestion.....

Chris: not to belabor what is less becoming a joke and more a reality, but Wake is now the cupcake. We're simply playing to our level.

DC you realize the schedule is finished by June right, it just hasn't been released yet? Kansas was one of, if not the absolute, last team announced on the schedule. We have these cupcakes lined up in advance. Now we did know we would be in the Atlantis tournament and get some good games, but we certainly didn't know we were playing Kansas when we schedule Jacksonville.

The "marquee" games this year are (in order): Kansas, Xavier, random team we play in Atlantis, Richmond, St. Bonnie. That's it. Tulane is horrible and so is everybody else on our schedule. For that matter Richmond and St. Bonnie aren't really good, but are at least comparable to Wake's current level of play. However Richmond is almost an annual opponent and has been good in the past so that's difficult to criticize and St. Bonnie is, well, a decent team sometimes.

Last edited:
Back