• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Citadel

I have zero faith in Cav... he is supposed to be an excellent shooter and has sucked, every game, against bad teams. He hasn't just missed shots, he's missed them by a mile....

I disagree. Most of his misses have rattled around and come out. He has good form, a nice looking shot, and shoots free throws well. I think he has only taken about 8 threes all year. I think his percentage will increase significantly as the year progresses, but I guess that's not really going out on a limb as a prediction since he is currently shooting 12.5% from three...

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been talked about before on this thread or other game threads, but who are the young girls that sit in the players/coaches family section that yell "Lets Go *players name*!" while we are shooting free throws? They did it last year as well, don't remember previous years. Has got to be irritating to players when shooting in a silent building and they are yelling that. I'm hoping it helps prepare for Cameron and the Crazies.

Andre shows some flashes at times, with the right coaching I think he could be serviceable at the least. You're probably too young to remember Warren Martin for the Tarholes back in the mid-80's. If that turned out to contribute meaningful minutes at the ACC level, anybody can.

Big men are almost always projects due to the need to develop physically and the nature of the college game vs high school. Andre is not awkward. He has a decent hook shot and has a decent looking foul shot. He needs lots of work privately and in competition. But I am hopeful. I was surprised to see him break the double-team last evening and take it to the basket. He does have a long way to go, however.

Andre isn't awkward? What games are you watching? Am I living in some parallel universe when I watch Andre?

I disagree. Most of his misses have rattled around and come out.

Most college level receivers get their hands on the ball too but the great ones make the catch. It's hardly surprising that a kid who has played basketball all his life can get the ball to the rim most of the time. They don't count unless they go in. Then again, "almost" been the mantra ever since Buzz started.

Andre isn't awkward? What games are you watching? Am I living in some parallel universe when I watch Andre?

He is over 7' tall and probably still growing. He lacks fluidity and confidence. That is not the same as awkward.

BTW, Tree looks more awkward than Andre; but he is actually very athletic.

Last edited:

Yeah, definitely in the majority. Andre looks better, but he still has that "way too tall newborn deer" look to him.

The double team split was surprising though, I'll give him that.

Andre shows some flashes at times, with the right coaching I think he could be serviceable at the least. You're probably too young to remember Warren Martin for the Tarholes back in the mid-80's. If that turned out to contribute meaningful minutes at the ACC level, anybody can.
Warren Martin had a great jheri curl.

I wish Bz could recruit a freshman 2 guard that is as productive as Coron. He's going to be a key piece this year and we're really going to miss him next year I think.

Not sure if this has been talked about before on this thread or other game threads, but who are the young girls that sit in the players/coaches family section that yell "Lets Go *players name*!" while we are shooting free throws? They did it last year as well, don't remember previous years. Has got to be irritating to players when shooting in a silent building and they are yelling that. I'm hoping it helps prepare for Cameron and the Crazies.

One is McKie's sister. She has done that every game for 2 years. The other little girl is new this year, and I just assumed it is her friend.

Dude has 30 three point attempts in 3 games.

Yeah and he had a rough shooting night against Lehigh that would make even JTT blush, but he was still exactly what this team needed going forward past this year.

mr79tl.jpg

One is McKie's sister. She has done that every game for 2 years. The other little girl is new this year, and I just assumed it is her friend.

Yeah, it's Kaylah McKie. She has done it all four years he has been here. It's just recently we have heard her more since there have been fewer and fewer folks in the Joel. She used to do it before they shot FT. This year her timing has been off and it is coming as they shoot. Maybe Bz can coach her up on that.

Thanks for the info. Our team is so shaky at the line, we don't need our own fans making it more difficult. I noticed it a bunch last year when CJ was shooting, he was so money it had no affect.

They are actually yelling "You can do it, name." It was cute four years ago. Now, maybe not so much.

Back