• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Citadel

I have to believe our practice squad would give The Citadel a game.

He's got really good hands and really good feet. A good coach could easily make him into a player.

Our walk ons put up some horrible shots...hope that lack of discipline won't cost us a big win

andddd coming onto the floor all white everything

Remember when we used to beat teams like this by 30+?

Margins like that are in the past. There is way too much parity in college basketball for the scores to look the way they did 5-10 years ago and longer. The game is evolving into a "anyone can beat anyone" sport.

Margins like that are in the past. There is way too much parity in college basketball for the scores to look the way they did 5-10 years ago and longer. The game is evolving into a "anyone can beat anyone" sport.

Tell Iona that.

Tell Iona that.

A team will get blown out occasionally. My point is we don't see it as often. Belmont beating UNC. UNCCentral beating State. Those are two recent examples but it looks to be the way basketball as a whole is trending. IMO that helps teams like Wake remain slightly relevant.

- we battled through it
- 21 assists and 7 to's
- Madison and Codi 13 and 1
- Bench 41 points
- No fast break points given up
- Got a lot of guys time
- They are unselfish with assists
- Scoring spread out
- We've been working hard on our defense, only put them on the line 16 times, got 16 turn overs
- It steps up and we've got to be prepared for that
- From offense, we are going to put in some new sets to get the ball moving side to side
- work on the defense, ball going into the post, ball screens
- It's a great tournament, we are excited about it, a new challenge each day, three straight days
- We want to thank all the fans for being her tonight.

He's got really good hands and really good feet. A good coach could easily make him into a player.

Washington? I think his hands are his weakness. He drops passes and rebounds frequently.

He has a nice jump hook and has played really hard this year. It's good seeing him get a lot more minutes.

Last edited:
I think he may be a better shooter than CJ, but can't create his own shot.

I disagree. I think he's pretty good at getting off shots, and he's quicker and has a better handle than I expected before seeing him play. He'll need to be more active running off screens to get free against some of the better ACC teams, but I think that is in his game.

Against these first 5 teams he could have taken a shot on essentially every possession if he wanted. As I pointed out on another thread, he got a lot of threes off last year against high major teams. I guess we'll have an idea of how he'll do in the ACC after the games next week.

The first half was just awful. The second half was a beatdown. The Citadel was terrible but somehow had better halfcourt sets in the first half, they just lacked the execution.

I think this team will have some really good games this year and then have some absolutely inexplainable losses and efforts. I have us at 15 or 16 wins.

Andre is terrible. He will never be more than a five to ten minute guy and that's on a team who doesn't have depth inside.

A team will get blown out occasionally. My point is we don't see it as often. Belmont beating UNC. UNCCentral beating State. Those are two recent examples but it looks to be the way basketball as a whole is trending. IMO that helps teams like Wake remain slightly relevant.

Jesus, I'm the one with the supposed drinking problem. Stop standing in my light.

Back