• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Citadel

Not that it really matters since we're by all accounts entrenched in the cupcake portion of our schedule, but only five teams in the country have played an easier schedule so far this year than Wake.

Not that it really matters since we're by all accounts entrenched in the cupcake portion of our schedule, but only five teams in the country have played an easier schedule so far this year than Wake.

Yeah, and withing 5 spots of that are Louisville, Iowa, Pitt, Nebraska, etc. Plenty of teams far better than us have played nothing but cake so far.

Numbers, why would you think our schedule was complete by June? I thought we scheduled Jax in late July.

Yeah, and withing 5 spots of that are Louisville, Iowa, Pitt, Nebraska, etc. Plenty of teams far better than us have played nothing but cake so far.

Numbers, why would you think our schedule was complete by June? I thought we scheduled Jax in late July.

Perhaps I'm wrong on Jacksonville but I know in May we only needed two more spots to fill and one of them was almost already a certain deal. We had most of the other teams scheduled well in advance as is seen by when news leaked out of them being an opponent.

The deal with the Battle 4 Atlantis is that it is an exempt tourney that counts as a "4 for 1". In other words, you get to play three additional games on your schedule that you otherwise would not have been allowed to play.

3 of the 4 games for Wake are in the Bahamas, obviously, and then Wake got the chance to host the fourth game (as did every other team that will be playing in the Bahamas).

This also gave The Citadel and Towson the chance to play a 4-for-1. For schools like The Citadel, it's not as easy to find an exempt tournament, so it's normally a good situation. This year, two of those four games will be against Wake and Tennessee.

Unfortunately, the group that set up the B4A screwed up and had trouble finding two other schools for the format. They wound up getting a provisional D-1 school (Abilene Christian) and a D2 school (West Alabama), which doesn't do Towson or The Citadel any favors.

Wake is playing The Citadel because that game got scheduled earlier. Towson is playing Kansas and Villanova. Xavier and Iowa wound up with Abilene Christian, and UTEP/Southern Cal got West Alabama.

The deal with the Battle 4 Atlantis is that it is an exempt tourney that counts as a "4 for 1". In other words, you get to play three additional games on your schedule that you otherwise would not have been allowed to play.

3 of the 4 games for Wake are in the Bahamas, obviously, and then Wake got the chance to host the fourth game (as did every other team that will be playing in the Bahamas).

This also gave The Citadel and Towson the chance to play a 4-for-1. For schools like The Citadel, it's not as easy to find an exempt tournament, so it's normally a good situation. This year, two of those four games will be against Wake and Tennessee.

Unfortunately, the group that set up the B4A screwed up and had trouble finding two other schools for the format. They wound up getting a provisional D-1 school (Abilene Christian) and a D2 school (West Alabama), which doesn't do Towson or The Citadel any favors.

Wake is playing The Citadel because that game got scheduled earlier. Towson is playing Kansas and Villanova. Xavier and Iowa wound up with Abilene Christian, and UTEP/Southern Cal got West Alabama.

Cool, good info. Had no idea how those other teams fit in.

Going to game tonight. Will be able to gauge attendance with my eyes and not rely on casstevens numbers. Should be a blowout. Having watched our opponent on TV, they didn't look very good.

Going to game tonight. Will be able to gauge attendance with my eyes and not rely on casstevens numbers. Should be a blowout. Having watched our opponent on TV, they didn't look very good.

Well, my bet is we'll give Andre, Miles, Rountree, and Moto 15+ minutes each, so we might keep it to 15.

Oh Yeah. I forgot to mention I picked up tickets on ebay for $4.50 apiece(incl. S&H). Hope I didn't overpay.

At least our opponent has been on TV. I can't remember a season when none of our first seven games was televised. Not that they should have been.

I think Citadel covers that more often than not. How many games under Bz have we won by 23+ points?

ETA: 4 games by 23 or more. Zero in year one. The second Superbowl against BC in year two. Furman and FSU in year three. VMI this year.

Last edited:
This year's average margin of victory for Wake is 16.5, and Citadel is as bad as they come. Line sounds about right, although they'll probably cover since we'll sit our starters for lengthy periods.

Oh Yeah. I forgot to mention I picked up tickets on ebay for $4.50 apiece(incl. S&H). Hope I didn't overpay.

After the listing fees, final value fees, paypal fees, and shipping what did the seller make- maybe $3.25 per ticket?

Back