• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ Clemson Game Thread

A lot of coaches (college and pro) can win at a very high percentage with that method. They however have to have one or two key players that absolutely understand a (their or otherwise) system. I don't begin to see that in our case. However, I don't think that this staff is saying "go at it" - I think they have either too complex a system for the players to execute (unlikely) or their system is too disjointed from their players' skills. In either case, someone needs to be an adult and change and I am not putting that on a bunch of kids in college.

We need to start tracking 'unforced' turnovers. The last two games seems we've coughed up the ball frequently with no pressure on the ball.

Regarding TC, at one point he was 1-5 on FT's today.

We need to start tracking 'unforced' turnovers. The last two games seems we've coughed up the ball frequently with no pressure on the ball.

Our passes are way too often lazy and so it is too easy to pick them off for any hustling team. What's even worse is that when the passes are sharp, the guy on the other end is just not ready, and that results in a turnover too. This stuff is more mental than physical. Come on guys. You are no longer in high school or at no-defense AAU.

Interesting that we out rebounded them 41-35.

Biggest difference in the game was 15 TO's to 8 for Clemson.

In the first half we seemed to not be guarding the 3pt line and Clemson went 4-8, in the second half Clemson went 2-7 with one of those being a lucky bounce when Clemson had nothing going on offense and the ball 'randomly' found Young standing on the perimeter and the other was Narcisse' 4th of the year.

I look out at the end of the game and We re down 13. Clemson has young, booker,hall Smith and narcisse out there. No fucking excuse for our program to lose to a team with that little talent. No way no how ever. Something has to change fast. Seriously, how many of their players would we want really. Young a 5 -9 2 guard? Smith? Come on! Other than Booker none. No excuse folk especially with Ty who is ballin

Fields sighting

From Dan Collins:

What I’m picking up on Fields is that the coaches feel he doesn’t believe in himself at this point in his career and that, as a result, his confidence in himself is not what it needs to be. Coaches really don’t like to see that, which is one reason Ty Walker has been on the bench so much of his career.

What really drives me crazy is our offensive play coming out of a timeout when we have the ball. Once today, we got shot clock violation coming out of a timeout. Another time, we took an off balance, out of control shot with 3 or 4 seconds left on the shot clock. Bz is supposed to be a great x's & o's guy (particularly on offense). If that's true, one would think we would be able to get a good look occasionally coming out of a timeout where he's just drawn up a play....

Shot clock violations (or forced bad shots to avoid shot clock violations) coming on drawn up plays out of time outs makes me really question the quality of the coaching that is going on during the time out....

We need a full time behavioral therapist on staff. It is astonishing how many of our players have self-confidence issues.

We started shooting free throws with 9 minutes left in the game. Whining about the refs in this game is as silly as it is petty.

I don't think pointing out that a game was poorly officiated, especially while noting that our weak play led to our defeat, is whining. Some here seem to think that if we play poorly, then the officiating must have been above reproach and certainly should not be criticized. Now, there's a non-sequitur, if I ever saw one.

Yes folks, it's true. Our poor play and poor officiating are not mutually exclusive. Indeed, they all too often go together.

On the other hand, considering how poor the officiating often is, complaining about people pointing out the obvious, namely that the reffing was bad, should most certainly be considered pointless whining.

In the 2nd half, we were in the bonus and had committed 3 fouls, IIRC.

Not like the refs missed an obvious goaltend that would have tied the game.

What really drives me crazy is our offensive play coming out of a timeout when we have the ball. Once today, we got shot clock violation coming out of a timeout. Another time, we took an off balance, out of control shot with 3 or 4 seconds left on the shot clock. Bz is supposed to be a great x's & o's guy (particularly on offense). If that's true, one would think we would be able to get a good look occasionally coming out of a timeout where he's just drawn up a play....

Shot clock violations (or forced bad shots to avoid shot clock violations) coming on drawn up plays out of time outs makes me really question the quality of the coaching that is going on during the time out....

Nebraska?

Carson did not show properly on two of those 3s.
PHP:

Every game I think - well at least Carson can't get worse. Then the next game comes and he proves me wrong. He needs to have a tremendous off season.

If the players aren't capable of running the sets,it's not on the coaches. The Buzz out crowd can scream all year because it's not going to get better. We have 2 maybe 3 ACC caliber players and no help until next year. I will reserve judgment until I see what we can do with the six coming in.

You can shoot 500 free throws a day, but if you keep the bad form and don't get the right form/rotation on your free throw - it will not help. Something is wrong with his form - can't figure it out yet - but will investigate.

Just got back from the game. TOs absolutely killed us. 15-8. Points off TOs ... 19-4. Cant win games that way.

We outrebounded them by 6, including one more offensive board. This game was there to be stolen on the road. Woulda, coulda, shoulda ...

And yes the refs were pretty dadgum bad, both ways. Had little to do with the outcome though.

From that stat, it looks like the offense in general has to shoulder some of the blame. Four points off their 8 turnovers says our offense is pretty dreadful. Essentially converting on only 25% of their turnovers.

Back