• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ Duke - 3:30 PM ESPN2/ACCN

Without going back and looking at Richmond, Bowling Green, etc. seasons under Clawson, has he ever had a high scoring offense and good defense at the same time?
I'd be impressed if anybody knows that without looking it up.

Sure, he mentioned he's as tired as he's ever been at the end of a season as well and I'm sure the team is given their performances since the meltdown during the Louisville game.

Heard that too about him being tired.... losing will do that to you.

It’s obviously a talent problem on defense, we’ve got to recruit better on that side of the ball. I think Lambert is probably a pretty good DC, but we’ve got to get better horses on that side of the ball.
Talent always helps but there were a ton of plays just over the last two weeks with receivers running WIDE open.

And our LB's continue to be completely clueless when dropping into coverage.

That's a scheme issue and sadly wasn't just limited to the Cuse and Duke games.

Pembroke is Division II, so no I don’t think you’re dumb enough to be lumping them in.
So your measuring stick for our success is (checks paper) ECU, UNCG UNCW, etc? Again, get the actual fuck out of here if you think I’m referring to anyone but the only four that matter.

Definitely the worse of the Big 4 this year in football. Basketball will probably be a fight for 3rd.
So you’re agreeing with me. Thank you and goodnight. And Kansas would beat the fucking tits off of us. State had them.

Talent always helps but there were a ton of plays just over the last two weeks with receivers running WIDE open.

And our LB's continue to be completely clueless when dropping into coverage.

That's a scheme issue and sadly wasn't just limited to the Cuse and Duke games.
So, we are on our third defensive coordinator with a scheme issue? I doubt all three run terrible schemes, more likely we’re lacking the talent to make a “scheme” successful.

Completely agree with themes on this thread. 1) Defensive talent is average on a good day, 2) coaching a) re #1, put your best players on the field at critical times. I get that we now have enough depth to rotate. however, when we need to make a stop, can i pls see the best of each position on the field at that moment?!?!? b) when offense isnt working, mix it up. PLEASE! Throw a screen, run an orbit, throw a half back option. Like someone said, throw care to the wind. What a shame that this team is 7-5. D wasnt any better than last year and coaches had a bad year. Still glad that Clawson has elevated the program to the point where 7-5 stinks. He has a pretty comfortable set up. Hope he isn't thin skinned and can rally next year (starting with bowl practices and games).

Happy Holidays all!

So you’re agreeing with me. Thank you and goodnight. And Kansas would beat the fucking tits off of us. State had them.
No dipshit, you said in the state, there are more schools in the state than the Big 4 that play FBS football and D1 basketball. Had you said Big 4 or UNC/State/Duke than yes I would’ve agreed with you, but again that is not what you posted. Sleep it off and hit the coffee in the morning, it will be ok.

What I'm saying is that we were not the #10 in the country in reality. We had no good wins. We lost to a team in Clemson that is maybe a top 20 team. That #4 ranking was a joke. They don't even have a quarterback but he still lit us up.

Something changed for sure, and a large part of that is the schedule. We started playing real teams with a pulse. When have we really won against any meaningful competition?

Sam also loves to shit the bed in any big games. Love the dude, but there's no clutch in anything.
Sam shit the bed today? Lol 340 yds and 3TDs. 67% completions including 3 drops. You can’t blame Sam for the last 2 drives. Coaching, blocking, and catching played a big role.

Back