• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ Duke - 3:30 PM ESPN2/ACCN

Hard not to put use behind App State and ECU this season too.

Not to mention Clemson, USC, and Coastal too.

I know you're trolling. But ecu is 7-5 in the American and app isn't bowl eligible

I’m usually the eternal optimist but there’s no way there’s no way we’re not significantly worse next season.
agreed, but we should be much less unlucky. like someone mentioned, we were favored in 10 games this year and only won 7.

We are not very good. decent offense, can not kick out of the end zone on kick offs and shitty defense.

Can’t help but think that out kicking game lost us at least one game. You can’t give the opposing team possession on the 40 - 45 yard line and not have it come back to bite you. Kick short and can’t tackle. Not a good combo.

Clawson and Muuss must have regular weekly lunch dates where they can talk about precision play schemes while ignoring the fact that all you have to do to suppress that strategy is to go balls to the wall and pressure every time.

Heck, I wonder why Dennis hasn’t been kicking off all year. No, he can’t kick it in the end zone, but Mora rarely does either and at least Dennis gets some hang time on his kickoffs.

The fact that we’re still discussing not having a kicker who can consistently kick the ball into the end zone is going to make me pull my hair out of my head.

If I'm remembering it correctly, we are up 31-27, with ~ 4-5 min left. Despite some embarrassing moments in the game that should have been enough for a team with an 'elite' offense and some of the best receivers in the country. Instead we give the ball back to dook in 3 plays and our D is back on the field. While the 53 seconds was horrid (but actually helped if dook was going to score anyway), but the BS roughing (I mean the QB didn't even fall down) call that turned a 2nd and 10 into a 15 yard gain, changes dook's last drive.

That all being said, the defense, offense and coaching staff all have blame in today. Not sure how 34 points was enough to beat us against a team that also has a bad defense.

ETA - I would like both of the coaches of our major revenue programs to not declare 'victory' over our past until they truly achieve it. (see Forbes after State win last year, I think Clawson has been pumping us up as having taken the next step early in the season). Go do then tell me about.

The fact that we’re still discussing not having a kicker who can consistently kick the ball into the end zone is going to make me pull my hair out of my head.
It’s an honest measuring stick for our program. We play with a deficit of talent. Across the board.

If I'm remembering it correctly, we are up 31-27, with ~ 4-5 min left. Despite some embarrassing moments in the game that should have been enough for a team with an 'elite' offense and some of the best receivers in the country. Instead we give the ball back to dook in 3 plays and our D is back on the field. While the 53 seconds was horrid (but actually helped if dook was going to score anyway), but the BS roughing (I mean the QB didn't even fall down) call that turned a 2nd and 10 into a 15 yard gain, changes dook's last drive.

That all being said, the defense, offense and coaching staff all have blame in today. Not sure how 34 points was enough to beat us against a team that also has a bad defense.
Yeah that roughing the passer call was BS.

Back