• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest +20.5 vs. Miami

Lots of wise guy money on Wake ... was +23 when it opened.

Concern is how many times we've been blown out on the road over the last few years but we certainly have some things going in our favor in this one

We are so good on the road, so I don't see how we don't cover.

Serious trap game potential for Miami here too with FSU and VT being their next 2 games.

Our defense is solid enough and the offense has shown enough that 20 seems high. Vegas can't just forget Death Valley though.

I see something like 30-17 Miami.

Defense is in the top 50 in the country in scoring defense, rush defense, and total defense. Top 65 in pass defense. Defense is pretty stout.

If you take the Savannah game out of their stats, they have the equivalents of UCLA's defense and Rutgers offense. Morris is a turnover machine and the 'holes weren't the only ones looking black and blue Thursday. If it were ever to happen, this weekend is it.

Aren't both their top RB and top WR out?

The WR is. It hasn't been confirmed whether the RB but he had a concussion and I imagine they hold him out to make sure he is ok for FSU. However their backup RB is pretty damn good himself.

Friday night in Miami doesn't lend itself to noon kickoffs. That said, we had a noon kickoff at the Orange Bowl Stadium in 2004 and the game was over by 12:15.

Back