• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest +20.5 vs. Miami

He sees the path to victory through those glasses. (sounds like a press release)

It's times like these over the past couple of years where everything is setting up nicely for Wake and then we go lay an egg. I hope this is not going to be another egg-laying Saturday.

Miami sold this game out after their win thursday against UNC, then decided to open up the corner upper deck sections (about 7,000 more seats). As of last night they had sold about 5,000 of those. Gonna be close to 70,000 asses in those seats saturday (maybe not until the 2nd quarter I admit) but still gonna be one of the biggest noon game crowds in Miami's short history in the Dolphins stadium. Tanner and big crowds don't really mix, hell this program and big crowds don't really mix,

9/18/2010 24-68 @ Stanford (Price's first hostile away game) (40,102)
9/25/2010 0-31 @ FSU (61,647)
10/16/2010 21-52 @ Virginia Tech (66,233)
11/13/2010 3-38 @ NC State (57,161)
(not gonna count the loss at Clemson in 2011 cause that was one of the best performance's I've ever seen us give at an away environment like that)
9/15/2012 0-52 @ FSU (68,833)
11/10/12 6-37 @ NC State (52,567)
11/17/12 0-38 @ Notre Dame (80,795)
9/28/13 7-56 @ Clemson (80,607)

if this were the same Miami crowd we saw back in 2008 (41,208) I wouldn't be making this point. Our guys just never seem to play well in front of a full house on the road. Hopefully they can break the trend and keep it close...

The Miami athletic department started "Operation Sellout" just for this game. Once they sold out the regular seating for their home games they decided to take the tarps off of the seats in the corners of the upper decks. Upon last check they were saying there were under 8,000 seats left with a week left to get rid of those. Sun Life Stadium holds 76,000. If my plebeian math skills serve me correctly that puts them at 68,000 tickets sold. Unless this is a genius example of mass media misinformation then there WILL be nearly 70,000 asses in those seats. I'll be more than willing to eat crow if it turns out to be a shitty crowd, just showing you where I got my info.

http://oregonstate.forums.scout.com/...t=12110805&p=2

not sure why the link says oregon state but it goes to the canes' times forum...

Can someone please get a screenshot of the crowd? If the attendance is anywhere close to 70,000, then Miami's AD is even more creative than Ron Wellman is with basketball attendance.

Last edited:
dyre2e5e.jpg

Yeah, zqglass was full of shit on that one

The Miami athletic department started "Operation Sellout" just for this game. Once they sold out the regular seating for their home games they decided to take the tarps off of the seats in the corners of the upper decks. Upon last check they were saying there were under 8,000 seats left with a week left to get rid of those. Sun Life Stadium holds 76,000. If my plebeian math skills serve me correctly that puts them at 68,000 tickets sold. Unless this is a genius example of mass media misinformation then there WILL be nearly 70,000 asses in those seats. I'll be more than willing to eat crow if it turns out to be a shitty crowd, just showing you where I got my info.

http://oregonstate.forums.scout.com/...t=12110805&p=2

not sure why the link says oregon state but it goes to the canes' times forum...

Can someone please get a screenshot of the crowd? If the attendance is anywhere close to 70,000, then Miami's AD is even more creative than Ron Wellman is with basketball attendance.

wellman probably called their AD and congratulated him on his farce..

I estimate about 20,000. But that's close to 70,000

I think there may have been 15,000 people there...maybe. That was a pathetic turnout.

announced attendance was 66.000. clearly that wasnt the case. but dude there was at least 40,000 there. not in the first quarter but by the second half there was easy.

Maybe I just remember seeing the crowd on the first drive of the second half, but there was basically nobody there in the lower deck at all from what I recall.

announced attendance was 66.000. clearly that wasnt the case. but dude there was at least 40,000 there. not in the first quarter but by the second half there was easy.

#wellmanmath

Both by Miami and zq.

Back