• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest +20.5 vs. Miami

No chance in hell 70,000 people show up for a noon game against WF.

The Miami athletic department started "Operation Sellout" just for this game. Once they sold out the regular seating for their home games they decided to take the tarps off of the seats in the corners of the upper decks. Upon last check they were saying there were under 8,000 seats left with a week left to get rid of those. Sun Life Stadium holds 76,000. If my plebeian math skills serve me correctly that puts them at 68,000 tickets sold. Unless this is a genius example of mass media misinformation then there WILL be nearly 70,000 asses in those seats. I'll be more than willing to eat crow if it turns out to be a shitty crowd, just showing you where I got my info.

http://oregonstate.forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=13&f=2927&t=12110805&p=2

not sure why the link says oregon state but it goes to the canes' times forum...

I have been to over 20 games in Miami including when they broke the record for most consecutive home wins. It has never been a hostile environment compared to some of the other places we have played recently.

Take Miami. This is going to be a beating. There OL is pretty solid. They have 2 good RBs, which means they can pound the ball to set up the play-action deep throws.

Offensively, we didn't play particularly well last week. We did a good job of executing in the red-zone, but we had 1 drive of over 50 yards all day. Rushing yardage was abysmal.

Our only hope is to force Miami in to turnovers and again take advantage of short fields. Otherwise, its going to be an ass-raping.

weak sanctions IMO

9 scholarships over 3 years without a bowl ban

So the ACC championship ban and bowl ban may have cost them an Orange Bowl berth (If they had won the ACC championship.)

Could the NCAA have messed this up any more?

I think they like their chances with this team better than last years team. Smart move by them.

Since the announcement that Miami has avoided a bowl ban for this season, the line shot up to 22.

I like WF to cover, but wonder if the coaches are more focused the more winnable game (@ Cuse) of this two game road swing. The one disaster would be to let the Miami game cost WF the Cuse game.

We've got to have Syracuse on the road & Dook at home, otherwise, our bowl fates lie in Nashville- and we know how that goes, especially as Vandy will likely need their 6th win then as well.

Since the announcement that Miami has avoided a bowl ban for this season, the line shot up to 22.

I like WF to cover, but wonder if the coaches are more focused the more winnable game (@ Cuse) of this two game road swing. The one disaster would be to let the Miami game cost WF the Cuse game.

I don't even know how this would happen. The coaches and team should be focused on one game and one game only: the next one.

The staff better get to 6 wins this year if what I'm hearing is true.

And what are you hearing?

That we lose some seniors that would almost impossible to replace with players from the roster or low rated recruiting class?

Or something bigger.

The entire concept of Grobe being fired while Bzzzz was retained would be a bizarre one.

The entire concept of Grobe being fired while Bzzzz was retained would be a bizarre one.

I didn't hear this, but I decided to make myself believe that it means that even basketball would have minimal standards that needed to be reached this season. Of course, that relies on what I was told to be true.

Back