• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest +20.5 vs. Miami

LOL. Amazing how carried away people get after two home wins over lousy teams.

Miami is overrated, but they should have no problem covering a 20-point spread. We lost to ULM, remember?

NC State probably beats Carolina this year. And Miami should have lost to Carolina.

If the game was here in Winston then we would have a chance. The game is in south Florida.

Rumors are the NCAA is going to announce its penalty levied against Miami this week for the Nevin Shapiro fiasco (which was delayed by the NCAA investigation fiasco). Maybe this will be a distraction for the Canes.

A slap on the wrist probably won't hurt them too much.

A favorable judgement may actually motivate them as it would confirm they have something to play for or they could rally around the anger at an unfavorable judgement. Hard to tell with stuff like this.

Miami sold this game out after their win thursday against UNC, then decided to open up the corner upper deck sections (about 7,000 more seats). As of last night they had sold about 5,000 of those. Gonna be close to 70,000 asses in those seats saturday (maybe not until the 2nd quarter I admit) but still gonna be one of the biggest noon game crowds in Miami's short history in the Dolphins stadium. Tanner and big crowds don't really mix, hell this program and big crowds don't really mix,

9/18/2010 24-68 @ Stanford (Price's first hostile away game) (40,102)
9/25/2010 0-31 @ FSU (61,647)
10/16/2010 21-52 @ Virginia Tech (66,233)
11/13/2010 3-38 @ NC State (57,161)
(not gonna count the loss at Clemson in 2011 cause that was one of the best performance's I've ever seen us give at an away environment like that)
9/15/2012 0-52 @ FSU (68,833)
11/10/12 6-37 @ NC State (52,567)
11/17/12 0-38 @ Notre Dame (80,795)
9/28/13 7-56 @ Clemson (80,607)

if this were the same Miami crowd we saw back in 2008 (41,208) I wouldn't be making this point. Our guys just never seem to play well in front of a full house on the road. Hopefully they can break the trend and keep it close...

Friday night in Miami doesn't lend itself to noon kickoffs. That said, we had a noon kickoff at the Orange Bowl Stadium in 2004 and the game was over by 12:15.

Ugg....thanks for reminding me Ph !

Got a good sun burn that day in the old OB....AND that U fight song still kills me !!

No chance in hell 70,000 people show up for a noon game against WF.

Ugg....thanks for reminding me Ph !

Got a good sun burn that day in the old OB....AND that U fight song still kills me !!

I postponed my Thanksgiving trip to Anchorage and flew out of Miami Sunday morning to see that game.

If the game was here in Winston then we would have a chance. The game is in south Florida.

I agree with that, but you also gotta remember that no one in South Florida (or all of Florida for that matter) really cares about the U football. I was at the game in 2008. It wasn't bad at all...and it was a close game.

Florida only cares about FSU and the Gators.

There is a thread on the Miami Herald website about Cane football with about 50 posts. Not one post mentioned WF. Almost all focused on the UM/FSU game, with a couple about the pending sanction announcement. The closest to a mention of WF was one post concerned about the crowd getting in the seats by kick-off.

are you guys all high? we're going to get stomped

Back