• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest +20.5 vs. Miami

I would love to flip the home and away of the FSU and Miami games.

LOL. Amazing how carried away people get after two home wins over lousy teams.

Miami is overrated, but they should have no problem covering a 20-point spread. We lost to ULM, remember?

I don't care to speculate on whether we will cover but Miami looked awful against UNC. They deserved to drop several slots in the rankings but had the good fortune of everyone ahead of them losing.

This isn't Randy Shannons 'canes, but they aren't Jimmy Johnsons either. They marked us down as a W in the spring and they haven't change since. They are looking foward to FSU. Al Golden might respect us, but I'm not sure the players do. We are not the team of early september.

If I were a betting man, I'd take Wake straight up.
I don't expect to win, but the money is Wake +925, I like that bet because I think we're capable of beating Miami if we play well and they don't (especially since they almost lost to UNC)

I've only watched Miami play in small doses, but they certainly don't jump off the screen like FSU has this year. They really got lucky as hell against UNC.

Rece Davis:"Miami, we saw them and the 'canes looked awful and somehow moved up 5 spots. Survive and advance is what Miami did." Other bloggers are talking about "if we beat FSU, do we jump over Oregon?" These clowns are ripe.

24th in the country in scoring defense
41st in the country in rush defense
57th in the country in pass defense
38th in the country in total defense

Obviously the scoring defense will increase slightly with games remaining against FSU and Miami, but we're currently between the 2007 and 2008 defenses in points allowed per game (right above 20 ppg).

So take the stats as you will, but this is very likely a top 10 defense in Wake history. In the top 50% of all four major defensive categories probably hasn't happened very frequently at Wake.

This is a pretty good defense. They seem to create alot of turnovers also.

It's unreal how much we've improved our tackling. Someone deserves credit for that. Olson has become a much more reliable tackler, in particular. Kevin Johnson is a surprisingly good tackler given how slender he is.

depends on deep coverage. Morris can hit the pretty deep ball, so we can easily be in serious trouble.

Gotta play well in the short game to keep it close.

Miami is fast. This could be a blowout.

But I've been wrong more often than right this season.

Miami is fast. This could be a blowout.

But I've been wrong more often than right this season.

As usual it comes down to our offense. I think our D can play with them. We'll give up some plays and points, but we can play with them if the offense puts some drives together. If we are 3 and out every series then it will be a blood bath.

As usual it comes down to our offense. I think our D can play with them. We'll give up some plays and points, but we can play with them if the offense puts some drives together. If we are 3 and out every series then it will be a blood bath.

I agree. Tanner has never played great on the road, but his play the last two weeks has been solid. Hopefully he steps up and gives us an inspired effort.

Their #1 back, Duke Johnson, may be out. Dorsett May be out. And their QB just threw 4 picks against a 1-4 Carolina team. We are coming off 2 pretty good games. 20.5 is definitely high.

17-14 Deacs

Back