• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest +20.5 vs. Miami

Money drives the WF athletic deparatment decisions. Grobe is owed too much over the next 3 years for WF to fire him. At most, a non-bowl season might cause Wellman to start meddling with Grobe's staff which could be enough for Grobe to leave, but I don't think that there is any chance Wellman fires Grobe even if WF lost out from this point forward.

Money drives the WF athletic deparatment decisions. Grobe is owed too much over the next 3 years for WF to fire him. At most, a non-bowl season might cause Wellman to start meddling with Grobe's staff which could be enough for Grobe to leave, but I don't think that there is any chance Wellman fires Grobe even if WF lost out from this point forward.

But you have no idea of the details of his buyout. It is not necessarily full contract value.

Pilch probably knows. He has a good track record on such matters.

That said, letting Grobe coach out his contract with no extension or no coach in waiting leaves major question marks that may have already affected recruiting.

Last edited:
I would not be shocked if Grobe walked away after either of the next two seasons, but he will not be fired or bought out.

If Ron Wellman fires Jim Grobe before he fires Jeff [Redacted] he will be regarded by the media as the biggest moron in the history of morons.

I would not be shocked if Grobe walked away after either of the next two seasons, but he will not be fired or bought out.

Maybe, but that doesn't address the lame duck issue.

If Ron Wellman fires Jim Grobe before he fires Jeff [Redacted] he will be regarded by the media as the biggest moron in the history of morons.
Perhaps. Or maybe it would simply be regarded as historical AD competence?

I took Wake at +24 last night. I think our offense is playing much better and I'm not convinced that Morris is very good. He looked awful against UNC.

Their are seats on Stubhub for $29 behind the Deacs bench. The tickets that the AD are selling are $55. Apathy will reign. Take the points, and put 10% on the money line.

Interesting that betters think playing for a bowl a and getting a slap on the wrist is worth 3.5 points. That's huge.

If the Deacs were ever going to sneak up on a team, this is it. Keep LOBO off the head-set!!!!!

Back