• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Two nights of restless sleep for me.... sucks so hard that Wake lost the CWS in the W-S Supers the weekend before when an elephant pitcher, whose team was getting their brains beat in, threw a 96 mph fastball into Nick's ribs.

No way Nick hits 0.00 at the CWS otherwise and he had to miss the lsu rubber game entirely with the rib injury.

The sec blows. :(

Nah. We’ve watched this team all year, and understand the context of the quote. Team had a blast together and and loved playing with each other.
The context doesn't matter. It's completely fine to talk shit and be confident.

I'd love to build a rivalry with LSU. Let's get it rolling Currie! The big question is would that mighty(just means more) football program agree to a few games with us. I'd go Away, away, home as a Wake fan. I'm just hard-pressed to see them make the trip to Winston even once.

If anyone is Biff if this guy. Playing the long game. Not being an obvious troll. Making friends with us and explaining the rules of trash talk.

I agree at large. I do think the context matters in general as far as criticizing someone for saying...well anything. To me there's a big difference between a player saying after a win, unprompted "who can beat us? It's impossible!" and someone saying that relative to a question about "what it's like playing on a team who has this much fun" and the player answering that as to their mindset.

I'd love to build a rivalry with LSU. Let's get it rolling Currie! The big question is would that mighty(just means more) football program agree to a few games with us. I'd go Away, away, home as a Wake fan. I'm just hard-pressed to see them make the trip to Winston even once.
I remember checking in like mid-April and they had only played like 9 away games and all were SEC.

Damn proud of this team.
We can spend days agonizing over managerial decisions, ball park configurations, etc., but our fate in Omaha comes down to the simple fact that Wake simply did not hit the baseball. Plus, when they did make contact it usually resulted in fly outs or they failed to hit line drives or hard grounders in order to put pressure on the defense.
On to next year and count me in as a season ticket buyer!
WF hit the ball hard in the later innings several times.

The CWS has been so objectively good this year, I plan to watch the finals. I will be rooting hard against Florida because those turds shouldn't get to win it all by running through a bunch of homeschoolers. Also, I very much do not like anything about the University of Florida. I can't bring myself to pull for LSU, though. Maybe I'll just hate-watch.

The CWS has been so objectively good this year, I plan to watch the finals. I will be rooting hard against Florida because those turds shouldn't get to win it all by running through a bunch of homeschoolers. Also, I very much do not like anything about the University of Florida. I can't bring myself to pull for LSU, though. Maybe I'll just hate-watch.

Yeah. I can’t pull for an alumni base known for crocs, jorts and visors. The aesthetic doesn’t work with my brain

Seems simple enough to give the home team higher seed the first time two teams play then give it to the lower seed the second time then the higher seed in game three.

Home/away against other opponents shouldn’t matter. Somehow they screw up home advantage, the simplest thing in playoff sports.

I get that all the ess-ee-see fans talk shit out our turf field and short corner dimensions, but the Omaha field sucked complete donkey penis. The infield was hard as fuck so ground balls were bouncing over infielders heads, the dimensions of the fence are stupidly long, and the stadium is situated directionally so that the sun is shining directly into players faces and they can’t even see the fucking ball for half the game. What a piss poor setup. What a great idea for building a baseball field, to maximize those 3 things that baseball fans love - strikeouts, lazy fly balls, and fielding errors.

Back