• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

If anyone is Biff if this guy. Playing the long game. Not being an obvious troll. Making friends with us and explaining the rules of trash talk.
There are no rules. I'm not trolling I have a new found respect for WF baseball. If we are gonna get a rivalry going though the shit talk needs to be embraced.

I agree at large. I do think the context matters in general as far as criticizing someone for saying...well anything. To me there's a big difference between a player saying after a win, unprompted "who can beat us? It's impossible!" and someone saying that relative to a question about "what it's like playing on a team who has this much fun" and the player answering that as to their mindset.
I know it wasn't malicious, sounded like he meant how can you feel like a loser playing on this team no matter the outcome. The thing is though he said "who can beat us, it's impossible". We've all said silly shit that bit us in the ass at 20 but we weren't talking to the entire country. It was gonna get spun that way no matter what it's just inexperience in that scenario. The conflict is what sells the story and no one really takes it personal. It's part of the game. They've also clipped Riley Cooper screaming no one can fkn touch me several times and he's been hit around the ball park all year until the post season it's not a big deal.

The biggest managerial mistake was keeping Keener in to face Beloso. Hindsight is 20/20, but he was struggling to find strikes, and Beloso just sat on the one he finally did throw.

Changed the entire course of the game and the series.
I'd say it was when it was still 2-1 our favor. IIRC Keener walked and hit a batter and was at a 3 ball count. That was the spot to replace him. Every time we got a guy on 2nd or 3rd in that previous game, LSU was putting in a new pitcher.

I'd say it was when it was still 2-1 our favor. IIRC Keener walked and hit a batter and was at a 3 ball count. That was the spot to replace him. Every time we got a guy on 2nd or 3rd in that previous game, LSU was putting in a new pitcher.
I don't think it was the previous game as LSU only used 2 pitchers in game 1. Think it was the previous half inning before...didn't LSU burn 3 guys in top of 2nd? That long half inning with Wake at bat is what seemed to completely zap the rhythm and mojo that Keener had in the first.

Ok 6 inches. It's stupid to claim we couldn't beat either team when we were as close as we were to doing just that in spite of cold bats.

My point is I don’t think it mattered if it was Florida or LSU. Their interchangeable. Just felt like it wasn’t in the cards for us. Baseball luck wasn’t falling our way. That’s all

My point is I don’t think it mattered if it was Florida or LSU. Their interchangeable. Just felt like it wasn’t in the cards for us. Baseball luck wasn’t falling our way. That’s all
Possibly

I have maintained since Omaha was set that the LSU/Wake winner was winning it all. I don’t see that changing.

LSU about to chase Floridas #1 after 3 innings. He is up to 90 pitches already

Back