• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

May have already been posted, but D1Baseball announced their All-America teams.

Wake Forest leads all teams with six All-Americans in all and three players on the first team. Third baseman Brock Wilken and starting pitchers Josh Hartle and Rhett Lowder cracked the first team, while first baseman Nick Kurtz, righty Seth Keener and lefty Sean Sullivan all made the second team.

May have already been posted, but D1Baseball announced their All-America teams.

Wake Forest leads all teams with six All-Americans in all and three players on the first team. Third baseman Brock Wilken and starting pitchers Josh Hartle and Rhett Lowder cracked the first team, while first baseman Nick Kurtz, righty Seth Keener and lefty Sean Sullivan all made the second team.

Not credible with Johandy Morales nowhere to be found and Brock 1st team….lol

Morales is 3rd team DH.
Thanks….missed that as I was only looking at 3rd. It was intended to be a dig at Wilken only being 2nd team All ACC 3B…And actually third 3B on the list behind Morales and Gelof yet making 1st team AA.

Smart move to show Griffis' start last season and the Spring Game. On the same note, I would have chosen women's basketball vs. GT because they won without Jewel Spear. Louisville was certainly the biggest win of the season though.

Bama and Stanford were obvious choices for baseball.

I had a bunch of carolina, State and Duke fans tell me that was the greatest game they ever saw. All of them watch college baseball casually or not at all.

Even though we lost they should reshow the LSU game imo. That is one of the best games I’ve ever seen in college baseball. Nothing to be ashamed about there.
Even though we lost, it was arguably the single best baseball game in college baseball this season. As true of a battle between the two best teams in the country as any fan could ask for.

Even though we lost, it was arguably the single best baseball game in college baseball this season. As true of a battle between the two best teams in the country as any fan could ask for.
I don't know that there's any argument about it! It's the single best baseball game in college baseball I've seen in my life, never mind this season.

This thread needs to get to 25,000 posts.

After beating LSU on Monday none of the Wake fans seemed to want to leave their seats. Finally the ushers started to descend. On my way out someone passed me and said, to nobody in particular, Little Old Wake Forest. I wondered if it was someone from the boards. Like @Pilchard.

Back