• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Will say that it feels like Wilken/Kurtz are due for a breakout tomorrow….
I wouldn't mind a couple bombs apiece, tbh, but absent that the rest of the team keeps showing up. Has hidden dudes like Hawke, JJ, and Corona a chance to carry the team a bit.

I didn’t have any interactions with bama fans. There were hardly any there.
Definitely not many. We were parked out towards Pilot Mountain and that’s where they were. Friendly folks and very complimentary

Brock ran the same way on his pop-up to end the 1st, too.

Appreciate guys who do the little things but always seems more impressive when it's super-talented guys doing it. Probably shouldn't be that way ... but does.
Sets the tone for the team. If your leader/best players hustles, you have no excuse not to hustle.

Stan and Larry made a point on the broadcast about there being a bunch of major league scouts down there seeing an All-American leg out a routine fly ball and because of that his team has a RISP.

We are one win from Omaha with Rhett being “fine”. Brock and Kurtz have been “fine”.

My only question mark is if Brock will go off this postseason. IIRC, he had surprisingly low percentage of his HRs against ACC pitchers. Whether that’s him struggling against good pitching, his approach or how he is pitched I don’t know. But it’s my only quibble

The fanbase was loud and rowdy but not looking black and gold from the shots I saw. Is wearing the colors not really a point of emphasis or was I just mis-seeing it. The noise matters far more of course and we’re 100% there.

The fanbase was loud and rowdy but not looking black and gold from the shots I saw. Is wearing the colors not really a point of emphasis or was I just mis-seeing it. The noise matters far more of course and we’re 100% there.

Black is hot as hell in the sun and old gold is a really bad color on most people. Very few people look good in old gold so don’t have that in the wardrobe

That’s my guess.

Hot as fuck

Back