• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

I‘d rather play UT. At the same time a match up with Skenes would be interesting. He’s dominate but not unbeatable. Just keep it close and manufacture a few runs. The pressure will be on them if he‘s on the mound Wednesday. Our play in the outfield needs to be better. It seems like we positioned to keep the ball from getting by us but that’s exactly what happened. I hate seeing our guys chasing misplayed balls. I know they hate it worse than me so I’m sure they’ll get it right.

Undoubtedly, we would prefer UT. Both are damn good but LSU is a better squad. And they’ll have revenge to force rubber match.

Crazy that we are one of the final 4 teams. Very proud of the team and our fans. Would be quite poetic to vanquish the class of SEC (bama lsu Vols and Gators)

Not counting my chickens and my nerves can’t tolerate much more of this. Let’s get it done. One AB at a time

I‘d rather play UT. At the same time a match up with Skenes would be interesting. He’s dominate but not unbeatable. Just keep it close and manufacture a few runs. The pressure will be on them if he‘s on the mound Wednesday. Our play in the outfield needs to be better. It seems like we positioned to keep the ball from getting by us but that’s exactly what happened. I hate seeing our guys chasing misplayed balls. I know they hate it worse than me so I’m sure they’ll get it right.
Yeah I want nothing to do with Skenes. I would much rather us play UT (and they'll still be tough).

So Florida just gets an extra day of rest?
either one of us could get an extra day of rest. We both play a first elim game tomorrow night and if one of us wins and the other loses the winner would get an extra days of rest.

So if LSU wins today they will have pitched their top 4 starters to get to Wednesday, and Wednesday would be a bullpen game for them with the (LSU) hope that they could extend to Thursday and a Skenes- (likely) Lowder showdown with each having 4 full days rest*

If UT wins today they will have also pitched their top 4 starting pitchers to get to Wednesday vs us. Do they have a fifth starter that is a possibility?

Seems like either way we are starting Keener or Sullivan against a bullpen game on Wednesday.

*I would think if we get to Thursday, particularly facing Skenes, we would at least strongly consider throwing Lowder. Obviously Thursday would be must win but the downside to that is you are essentially ruling Lowder out of throwing meaningful innings in the championship series.

So if LSU wins today they will have pitched their top 4 starters to get to Wednesday, and Wednesday would be a bullpen game for them with the (LSU) hope that they could extend to Thursday and a Skenes- (likely) Lowder showdown with each having 4 full days rest*

If UT wins today they will have also pitched their top 4 starting pitchers to get to Wednesday vs us. Do they have a fifth starter that is a possibility?

Seems like either way we are starting Keener or Sullivan against a bullpen game on Wednesday.

*I would think if we get to Thursday, particularly facing Skenes, we would at least strongly consider throwing Lowder. Obviously Thursday would be must win but the downside to that is you are essentially ruling Lowder out of throwing meaningful innings in the championship series.
Tennessee’s pen is second to us, and I think there’s a pretty big gap on either side of them on the list.

So does the series reset on Wednesday or do we just have to win one game since the opponent is coming from the loser's bracket?

Back