• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Goodness Ty Floyd is pitching out of his mind for LSU tonight. 8 innings, 16 k's.

Just one question. How is lsu the only school whose pitchers can throw 110 plus pitches and never lose any punch?
Are they juicing? No one else's pitchers can do it?

Just one question. How is lsu the only school whose pitchers can throw 110 plus pitches and never lose any punch?
Are they juicing? No one else's pitchers can do it?
Crawfish & gumbo

Dick move to challenge that HBP. That might have broke his wrist.

Yet another entertaining game. Langford hit the shit out of that ball in the bottom of the 10th. I swear, I don't think I've seen a luckier/more-perfectly-executing-at-the-perfect-time team than LSU. I mean, they have managed their way through more low-probability outcomes than I can remember watching.

Yet another entertaining game. Langford hit the shit out of that ball in the bottom of the 10th. I swear, I don't think I've seen a luckier/more-perfectly-executing-at-the-perfect-time team than LSU. I mean, they have managed their way through more low-probability outcomes than I can remember watching.
They are making maximum use of their good fortune. Hard to see them losing at this point. ESPN is drooling for more Paul Skenes. I’ve seen enough.

Love the juxtaposition of ESPN hyping up the sportsmanship for the tigers then cutting to replays of Belaso flipping the bat, spitting at, and flipping off the Florida dugout.
He'd probably have held that pose at home plate with his arms crossed after his home run trot for a good 15 seconds if the ump hadn't gently nudged him towards the dugout.

Said at first I wasn’t touching the final series as far as watching. But my wife has enjoyed it so much and wanted to keep watching so I agreed to watch last night. And while obviously bummed with no Deacs and still pondering what could have been had that squeeze bunt gone just slightly different I must say I am glad she twisted my arm…..love college baseball even if Deacs are not still playing as had hoped…

Back