• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest - Arkansas Game Thread

DM: "I didn't have the guys prepared and they put a beat down on us."
"I don't think we fought we didn't handle it well. We didn't come out with the right mindset."
"Tonight was a beatdown."
"We have a lot of teaching moments from this tape."
"Didn't see anything about tonight I liked. No moral victories."
"We know Iona will be ready for us. A.J. English is one of the best guards in the country. We know they put a beatdown on us last year."

Our next game may be the most important game of the season. Hope we come back strong and nasty!

Id like to see Wilbekin start with Codi at the 2. At least in that case you have an outside scoring threat in the backcourt. Madison/Codi together is the worst shooting backcourt in basketball history.

Agree

Madison and CMM in backcourt is like Fran Mccaffery and Ish playing together. It won't work . Brick city.

Id like to see Wilbekin start with Codi at the 2. At least in that case you have an outside scoring threat in the backcourt. Madison/Codi together is the worst shooting backcourt in basketball history.

Agree also.

So glad to have a coach that's not a pussy. He flat out told Stan that he was being nice, and we just got beat down. Wait till he gets his kids in here guys, I'm telling you I just have a good feeling about Manning.

DM: "I didn't have the guys prepared and they put a beat down on us."
"I don't think we fought we didn't handle it well. We didn't come out with the right mindset."
"Tonight was a beatdown."
"We have a lot of teaching moments from this tape."
"Didn't see anything about tonight I liked. No moral victories."
"We know Iona will be ready for us. A.J. English is one of the best guards in the country. We know they put a beatdown on us last year."

DM sure likes to use that word "beatdown" a lot....:eek:

Is it really that damn hard to find a human being who can shoot a basketball?

Why the fuck weren't we in Lexington, Va, two years ago to recruit Andrew Rowsey? He only averaged 36 a game and was Virginia player of the year . He was known as a deadeye shooter since the 8th grade. Rick Lewis was very high on him.

Codi and Madison in our backcourt = our O line in football. Tough days.

We had 22 turnovers to only 8 assists. That is just unbelievably bad.

This is a throw away season. The difference is there is light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't heard a word about culture change or socks. Get back to me in a year.

I'm just hoping that we don't start getting postgame interviews such as "I don't know what happened. We looked good in practice, then just imploded on the court. I'm baffled."

Wow, came back to the boards with a good number of negreps for saying this team didn't even resemble a Division I team...or maybe people assumed my "I'm done" comment was about this entire season. I just meant this game. I turned it on and we turned the ball over 3-4 straight possessions and let Arkansas go on like a 20-4 run. It was disgusting. I refused to watch during the last year of [Redacted] and being able to watch my first game this year didn't look too much better than that. We got obliterated by a team that was only a handful of games better than us last year.

I really don't think that assessment was that far off. We played like it was the first time on the court for some of those guys. Turnover after turnover just destroys any kind of run we could have.

We need to improve ten-fold if we are going to avoid something like a 4-14 ACC season.

Welp

Michael Crabtree @KingCrab15 · 2h 2 hours ago
Wake forest college basketball

Back