• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Assistant Brooks Savage to ETSU?

I don’t think this would even create a real vacancy. Didn’t Forbes create a position for Shay to rejoin the staff?

Would think Shay just becomes an assistant coach instead of assistant to the coach.

I mean, we’ll probably bring in someone, but not as a full assistant.
I think Forbes created Shay's position because NCAA changed some of the rules about basketball coaching positions. Shay supposedly didn't want to do all the recruiting traveling.

IF Savage leaves, and IMHO. that is a really big IF, I would expect Forbes to put someone besides Shay into the assistant coach job.

Maybe Justin Gray wants to get his "P6 assistant coach " ticket punch.

I don’t think moving from his current spot to power assistant would necessarily be a career move that comes out positive. I’d imagine with another solid year at Western Gray can get hired to a mid major. That said it’s not a bad idea at all and Gray by all accounts has an excellent relationship with Wake given his employment history in Winston

Fuck ETSU. And good riddance to Brooks if he is indeed negotiating with a school that treated his friend and colleague the way that they did. Shameful shit.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...n-jason-shays-exit-coach-shameful/4844020001/
if you don't think that Forbes, Shay and Savage have talked through the ETSU job, career arc and personal feelings 1,000 times, don't know what to tell you. If Savage takes this job, it comes with Forbes' and Shay's blessing. No chance, Brooks is going rogue on this decision.

if you don't think that Forbes, Shay and Savage have talked through the ETSU job, career arc and personal feelings 1,000 times, don't know what to tell you. If Savage takes this job, it comes with Forbes' and Shay's blessing. No chance, Brooks is going rogue on this decision.

Yeah, we get that. But man. I guess you get what you get when you can. Because otherwise. Seems risky.

I posted it last week, but I’ll say it again…

If you have a chance to go from D1 assistant to D1 head coach, you are usually going to jump at that opportunity.

While what happened with Shay as head coach at ETSU sucks, he landed back with Forbes at Wake in a better role than he had as an assistant at ETSU.

I understand the getting that first D1 head coaching job. But, unless things have changed, that ETSU job may not be one to take. At least he is going into it with as much knowledge as anyone can have.

Good luck to him.

If he survives, I would expect ETSU at Wake in two years.

I'm voting for Dukakis
Maybe when you have children who need braces, and you can't afford them because half of your husband's paycheck goes to the federal government, you’ll regret that.

Maybe when you have children who need braces, and you can't afford them because half of your husband's paycheck goes to the federal government, you’ll regret that.
I have paid a ton of taxes- more than most folks earn. But cutting taxes on the top 1% was an unfair Repub policy move.

I have paid a ton of taxes- more than most folks earn. But cutting taxes on the top 1% was an unfair Repub policy move.
We are quoting Donnie Darko, from the film club thread

Back