• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Assistant Brooks Savage to ETSU?

No. He's clearly found his calling in broadcasting. Coaching wasn't exactly suited to his skillset.
The tragedy of the situation with Chill is that we'll probably never know how good a head coach he might have been. I doubt all the coaching and recruiting acumen in the world would have been enough for any assistant to overcome being associated with Bz and Manning.

The tragedy of the situation with Chill is that we'll probably never know how good a head coach he might have been. I doubt all the coaching and recruiting acumen in the world would have been enough for any assistant to overcome being associated with Bz and Manning.
That can all be true, and we can know. Childress’s best quality as a player is likely his biggest detriment as a coach. Insane amounts of confidence and cockiness.

Yeah. But he was on the staff with Forbes too. And then moved along. Maybe just not his thing

Doesn't do much good to rehash chill's coaching resume. Again.

Any word on Savage's staff? Do we think he brings any guys with him, like a first assistant shot for Forbes the younger or something?

Sounds like Savage confirmed in the presser. Which I guess makes sense since Hugley was on our staff for two years, then just left for an ETSU position last year. Glad he's getting another shot with Savage and wasn't canned with the old staff.

Brent Mock Brown (Kirkpatrick) is the women's coach, cool. Knew her a bit at Wake, very nice person.
Whoa. Had no idea. She was a good player back in the day.

She went 25-10 this season, her first at ETSU. They finished 3rd in the 8 team WBI. ETSU had won 19 games total the previous three seasons. She had two Big South championships at UNC-A.

Just was doing a little browsing and it looks like she came into an AD and program with a lot of drama. The previous coach was fired due to some Title IX complaints, and the Athletic Director was let go, as well, just before the fall. They have an interim AD now -- the guy who hired Forbes in the first place, so that might explain why Savage was comfortable with it after the Shay debacle was handled by the outgoing dude.

Savage also said this in his presser:

"A couple other guys on staff you guys will be familiar with."

Maybe Tisdale will join him after grad assisting with us last year. Tisdale and Christopher Forbes would be my best guesses of anyone with us last year.

good luck to him!

hope they don't beat us back to the ncaat

Back