• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest at Pitt - Tonight 9 PM

Agreed- actually had us beating the wolpfack as a home favorite for a 4 game winning streak heading into the ACCT.

Not going to happen now....

For those who anticipate Wake shitting the bed tonight in Pittsburgh... you can currently lock in the Panthers at +375 on the money line.

WF is favored by 9 (I know Pitt is dreadful, but 9 is A LOT of points). Total is 141.5.

I can't envision a scenario in which I wager on this game.

The PITT ML line is tempting, though. I don't think we'll lose, but +380 isn't bad value given how shitty we've been on the road purely in terms of wins/losses.

While we are on the subject... Three games I like tonight (in order):

Penn State -2.5 vs. Michigan
Virginia Tech -4 vs. Clemson
Syracuse +4 vs. UNC

Like those plays, but UNC is on a roll right now. They have covered 5 straight (and most of the covers have not been close). UNC has played so well recently that Old Roy hasn't called at timeout in his last 3 games... crazy (btw, that included a 19-0 run by NC State against UNC, but Roy refused to call a TO).

VT still in the hunt for a double bye in the ACC tournament, despite having one player taller than 6-6 and playing by far the toughest schedule in the ACC (two games each vs. UVA, Duke, Louisville, Miami)

The first teams listed (which all happen to be home teams). My bad for lack of clarity.

My plan was to wait until afterwards to commit to a side.

Wake wins but doubt they cover the 9.

We might. But I wouldn't bet on it. That said, I feel confident that we beat Pitt for what, our 5th road win in 8 years? Here's to a good night for the Deacs, Hoos and Hokies.

Spread is up to WFU -10... Pitt ML of +450!

Maybe this will indeed be a blowout for the good guys.

Road game=loss.

Just the way it is and apparently the way it will remain.
Nah, Pitt is nearly Bz Year 1-bad. I'd be shocked if we lost this one.

Last edited:
Spread is up to WFU -10... Pitt ML of +450!

Maybe this will indeed be a blowout for the good guys.

My thought is that people know far more about how bad Pitt is than they do about our road troubles. Also, when you look at our lack of blowout losses, we seem like a far better team than we have played.

Our chance to put some real swagger in our step.

The app I use has 74% of the bets on Pitt, yet line going Wake's way. Gotta love that reverse line movement.

That's been the case a lot this year, and was definitely the case during football season as well. Wonder why the sharps like Wake so much these days? You'd think they've been losing a lot of money this basketball season...

This isn't surprising, but this is only the second game in eight years that Wake has been a favorite in a conference road game. Previous one was last year at BC (Wake didn't cover the -6.5).

No one cares. Not even BSD has an article about the game. Way to go Deacs! A year to forget. Are we sure we got rid of BZZ

Back