• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Athletic Department Mafia GAME OVER TOWN WINS, now postgame

I called Rommy and Da early and we were pretty sure Ryala and Tim were SK/BPV people before the Ryala hit.

If Tim hadn’t killed Gouda, I think the game would’ve been ours.

Also thanks for being patient with me, a first time mod. I had a lot of fun reading the private chats and game thread. Will moderate again some day in the distant future when I've worked out what makes a good mod, but hope the game mechanics were at least ok even if I was less than stellar.

I have written a game for next week. It’s gonna be epic. Sign up thread going up shortly.

Shit. I just posted a sign-up thread. I had talked about doing one after this.

However, I don't think people should try to participate in two games at once. It's too hard and leads to lack of participation in one or the other.

Also fuck, Danny Manning lasted longer IRL than in this game. I'd kinda hoped for some real life drama to intervene.

Also thanks for being patient with me, a first time mod. I had a lot of fun reading the private chats and game thread. Will moderate again some day in the distant future when I've worked out what makes a good mod, but hope the game mechanics were at least ok even if I was less than stellar.

It just takes practice. You did fine. Thank you for modding, Townie.

Shit. I just posted a sign-up thread. I had talked about doing one after this.

However, I don't think people should try to participate in two games at once. It's too hard and leads to lack of participation in one or the other.

I can delay mine. The reason I wrote one over the last couple days is my work went remote so I would actually have time to run the game.

Sorry about the night talk on day 3. I was obviously frustrated with the voting, but also I had forgotten there was no OT.

Rommy and Da really had a great idea as masons. At least, that's what it seemed like to me, until I found out that Rommy just wasn't around at all for day 1 and they had to improvise. Still think it worked out well in the end.

I literally posted my investigation list in order at the end of Round 3. Gouda was doing a good job trying to direct away from it, but Gooner got there in the end with some help from Da.

Thanks for hosting, Townie. Good job overall.

Regarding the Mason thing, we basically messed that up.

I hadn't refreshed my screen when I switched my vote close to the end of Day 2 (I believe?) so it looked like I was piling on because I was vote number 5 or so. After that I became an obvious mafia target and essentially decided to suicide. We got lucky and Rommy came back Mason, so I decided to immediately claim the other Mason role.

Sorry about the night talk on day 3. I was obviously frustrated with the voting, but also I had forgotten there was no OT.

Rommy and Da really had a great idea as masons. At least, that's what it seemed like to me, until I found out that Rommy just wasn't around at all for day 1 and they had to improvise. Still think it worked out well in the end.

I literally posted my investigation list in order at the end of Round 3. Gouda was doing a good job trying to direct away from it, but Gooner got there in the end with some help from Da.

Thanks for hosting, Townie. Good job overall.

Did you actually investigate me or you had investigated Da and knew I was lying?

Oh, and we were 100% certain you were the cop when we hit you. Like, no doubt whatsoever in our chat.

Did you actually investigate me or you had investigated Da and knew I was lying?

Oh, and we were 100% certain you were the cop when we hit you. Like, no doubt whatsoever in our chat.

GTB night 1, you night 2. I was 99% certain on Da being mason because of Rommy. Freak was going to be my night 3 investigation, mostly because of his late switch, but it was just inexperience(?) on his part. I knew Gouda was bad shortly after I was killed, because he would have otherwise figured out my list and gone after you.

Somewhere back before the mafia hiatus here, some mod had a spreadsheet set up for tracking votes. Anybody remember who? It would be a useful tool for mods.

I possibly could mod a game on a week or two and would like that spreadsheet. Keeping track of votes and posting them is the hardest part of modding IMHO.

Your list was not helpful to our cause to say the least. Getting two mafia out of two investigations is pretty incredible.

Your list was not helpful to our cause to say the least. Getting two mafia out of two investigations is pretty incredible.

That helped rebalance the game after three vanilla went MIA -AA

GTB on day 1 was easy. His statement early on about everyone needing PMs immediately said he was special or mafia. And GTB does like to go after teammates, so that (among other things) led me to you. I actually thought that you were the BPV mafia, because it would have made more sense for Knight to lead everyone in that direction. I really wanted to get a third investigation in, which is why I didn't just come out. I thought for sure that Knight would be an easy lynch. Not sure at what point you decided I was cop, but I may not have posted a list if things weren't so close.

Last edited:
That was good work, redwing. The mafia quick claim of the mason kept people from realizing what your post showed.

"I'm all for discussion here, but this vote needs to be GTB, and it needs to be enough of a lead so there is no last minute saves.

***GTB***"

That was basically screaming to us that you were the cop, then your follow-up list confirmed it.

I'm curious why Da didn't claim the other mason role.

We knew it was you and I'm guessing most other townies did too. Why not claim it and get me out of the way?

Back