• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball - '23-24 Schedule Thread

Exactly. More chances for marquee wins. Fewer chances for bad losses or bad wins. It's not difficult to understand.

If Sean Miller decides not to continue the Prosser Classic and then the SEC tosses us a mediocre opponent (feels like Wake gets a Mississippi team), the schedule looks super soft.

Couldn't beat Rutgers, so they scheduled nerd Rutgers.

Forbes wants to win 25 games again, understandable.

And spend most of the season ranting about the stupid quad and NET systems. Also understandable.

I've read this whole thread, clicked the link to the NJIT twitter page, read a few posts there, and still can't tell you the name of the school that we are supposedly playing. New Jersey something? I consider myself a pretty deep sports nerd but can honestly say I've never heard of NJIT before five minutes ago.

I've read this whole thread, clicked the link to the NJIT twitter page, read a few posts there, and still can't tell you the name of the school that we are supposedly playing. New Jersey something? I consider myself a pretty deep sports nerd but can honestly say I've never heard of NJIT before five minutes ago.
We played them in baseball a few years ago so I looked them up then because I had the same reaction: New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Last edited:
How many teams on that schedule played in the NCAA tournament last year?

How many teams on that schedule played in the NCAA tournament last year?
The 5 from ACC (Pitt, Miami, Duke, State, & Uva). Utah St & Drake (may not play either based on draw) and Xavier (may not even play them).

Utah State will have a new coach with Ryan Odom heading back east to VCU. Drake loses a lot of talent but retains the coach and, maybe more importantly, his son Tucker Devries, MVC player of the year. I’ve seen Devries listed as a potential round 2 pick but I do not believe he has entered the draft as of yet.

The 5 from ACC (Pitt, Miami, Duke, State, & Uva). Utah St & Drake (may not play either based on draw) and Xavier (may not even play them).
In 2005, we played 10 NCAAT teams, some of them twice.

We played 2 teams in the 300s, 2 in the 200s. That's it. We played 7 teams sub-100 in KP before the conference season started.

Even with that, it was still the 51st ranked non-conference schedule. For comparison sake, UNC played a top-20 non-conference this season.

Based on how the committee has graded the big 12 and other schools the last few years I would worry a hell of a lot less about 25 wins. Seems like going 17-16 with a bunch of good wins and "good" losses is much more valuable.

Yeah the road game at 2. Illinois, neutral court games against top 61. Providence and 13. Arizona, road games against 84. Temple and 31. New Mexico plus 28. Texas and 38. GW definitely boosts those numbers

Back