• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Preseason Discussion Thread - Hudson and Watson Suspended

I look forward to Codi playing without the ball more this year and using his strength to punish inside off the dribble. Crab and Dino's could leap forward. Yea. I think we are going to be much better. Bubble team.

Bubble team? Have you seen our schedule? NIT hopefully

I'm interested to see how much run Doral gets this year. Probably won't be a ton, but excited to see him progress.

The biggest improvements need to be on the defensive end. Adding JC, Doral and Dinos adding significant weight should help our post defense a ton, esp when Devin is in foul trouble/Danny's doghouse.

We've needed a guy like Crawford for a while on both ends of the court. Obviously need big improvements there over Madison.

Looking forward to seeing them play next Friday.

I look forward to Codi playing without the ball more this year and using his strength to punish inside off the dribble. Crab and Dino's could leap forward. Yea. I think we are going to be much better. Bubble team.

How awesome would it be to watch selection Sunday with some hope of us being selected? The schedule is tough though.

I look for improvement in DM as well. I think we left a couple out there last year due to some questionable bench decisions. We were not going anywhere anyway, but I think DM as a young coach needs to learn as well.

I see Crawford, CMM, and wilbekin getting 99% percent of the guard minutes. McClinton and Hudson splitting the minutes at the three with one of them gradually getting more and more minutes as the year goes on. Dinos and Collins split minutes at the four, match ups determine most of the minutes here. Thomas gets as many minutes at the 5 that he can handle with Moore andvwashington fighting for the leftovers ( hopefully Moore is already more advanced than Washington). If Collins is as good as some here think, then I can see him getting minutes at both 4 and 5.

I look for improvement in DM as well. I think we left a couple out there last year due to some questionable bench decisions. We were not going anywhere anyway, but I think DM as a young coach needs to learn as well.

Yeah, he's only had 3 seasons as a head coach, still learning no doubt. However, his 3 seasons already are better than anything [Redacted] ever did.

I am very excited about this upcoming season. I think Moore is going to surprise a lot of people. I do think we need to be careful about UNC-Pembroke they surprised UAB last year

Yeah but UNC-Pembroke doesn't have my cousin playing for 'em this year (he graduated).

Expect Dinos to be a much more active player that can help facilitate the offense with heady play. We should play at a higher tempo with better defensive intensity.

I'm interested to see if Devin is able to improve with Collins playing next to him. I'd like to see a lineup of Crawford-CMM-Dinos-Collins-Devin, to actually be the mismatch aggressor for once and force teams to match up to us instead of always being reactive.

I'm interested to see if Devin is able to improve with Collins playing next to him. I'd like to see a lineup of Crawford-CMM-Dinos-Collins-Devin, to actually be the mismatch aggressor for once and force teams to match up to us instead of always being reactive.

We'd be in big trouble defensively with a lineup like that.

It would be reminiscent of our 94-95 lineup with Dinos as Peral. It may be a necessity in spots if McClinton isn't a better bench option or if Collins and Moore demand more than sub minutes.

Hudson is going to surprise a lot of people. He showed signs last year of his ability and I think with his added height, he'll be a key member of the team this year. Which would be good since WF desperately needs a reliable SF.

I'm a big fan of Hudson. He can 3 but can he D. Wake really needs that athletic wing stopper, in addition to a post presence outside of Devin.

I'm a big fan of Hudson. He can 3 but can he D. Wake really needs that athletic wing stopper, in addition to a post presence outside of Devin.

If Hudson is ever going to be able to 3 and D it'll be this year. Isn't he 23-24 already or am I making this up?

There will be a lot of pretty interesting lineups that Danny and Co will be able to toss out there this year. Can't wait for season!!

looking forward to the prospects of Devin shooting the ball from above his head and not below his shoulder when his is in the paint. Would make things much easier for him.

Ideas on starting 5/rotation

Crawford - Mitch
CMM
Crab - GMc
Dinos - JC
Devin - Doral

Main question to me is the backcourt. Crawford seems like a good fit to start, but we might need to use him as the main ballhandler for the second unit as we only really have 3 playable guards unless you slide Crab to 2.

Is Moore ahead of Washington? Not that I think Andre is gonna contribute a ton, but you gotta figure Senior Andre is ahead of major project Moore right now, no?

We'd be in big trouble defensively with a lineup like that.

Yeah, but we would be really good on offense. If our great offense with that lineup against the opposition's defense against it scores more points than their offense against our defense with that lineup, then we win. #advancedstats #callmekenpom
Do good teams worry about the downside of their strengths? Hell no, they say here is our strength, try to stop it bitches.

Is it really fair to call Moore a "major project?" While I don't think he'll come in and start day 1, I'd say he needs more seasoning than anything else. Yes, he didn't play as much at Montverde as would have liked to have seen, but when he did play, and his teammates fed him the ball, I did not see a player necessarily lacking in offensive game nor confidence.

By some reports, he's already added weight and ostensibly strength, and hopefully with the right guidance he can provide significant backup / role player minutes (10-20 depending on the game or situation) for Devin and even with Devin if we go big and pack in the zone with Dinos at the 3, DT at the 4 and Moore of course anchoring the middle.

With Devin's propensity for getting into foul trouble, we may have no choice but to play JC, Doral and Dinos in the front court, where depth is lacking a bit. And what purpose would it serve to make Doral languish behind Andre, even if he has added muscle and can play better defense? I don't see Dre's senior performance the difference between 14 and 17/18/19 wins this year.

Last edited:
Back