• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

IMHO, it is a bad sign when a late offering school immediately makes the final list. Makes me think it is an offer that has been wanted for a while.

That’s a pretty strong list regardless.

Certainly not denigrating those who choose schools other than Wake, but I think you're a couple years late on the Big East fawning. I'm not so sure that playing DePaul, Creighton, Seton Hall and Butler is a huge prestige upgrade over Miami, Clemson or Boston College.

Might just be a homesick Big East fan but Creighton routinely draws 19,000 fans to games and just today played in an extremely anticipated top 10 matchup at Kansas and lost by 1 point after a missed free throw with 1 second left. Butler played in back to back national championship games this decade and also has a rabid fanbase. Seton Hall is a bigger program than Miami, BC, and arguably Clemson. This argument is totally pointless and I'm wrong in saying the Big East is best in terms of having the best teams, but college basketball has a ton of parity right now across conferences, even mid majors, which is great for the game.

My source is telling me would be shocked if we get a high schoool kid for the 21 class, looks like our next addition will be from a transfer or grad transfer in March or April. Aidoo is goin to Marquette, Applewhite is a Miss State lean and i just dont see us realistically in a strong position for anyone else.

My source is telling me would be shocked if we get a high schoool kid for the 21 class, looks like our next addition will be from a transfer or grad transfer in March or April. Aidoo is goin to Marquette, Applewhite is a Miss State lean and i just dont see us realistically in a strong position for anyone else.

Does he have any insight on which, if any, seniors will come back next year?

Does he have any insight on which, if any, seniors will come back next year?

It's still pretty early to see which seniors will use the mulligan year. I think it will be a few months into second semester before that picture clarifies.

Might just be a homesick Big East fan but Creighton routinely draws 19,000 fans to games and just today played in an extremely anticipated top 10 matchup at Kansas and lost by 1 point after a missed free throw with 1 second left. Butler played in back to back national championship games this decade and also has a rabid fanbase. Seton Hall is a bigger program than Miami, BC, and arguably Clemson. This argument is totally pointless and I'm wrong in saying the Big East is best in terms of having the best teams, but college basketball has a ton of parity right now across conferences, even mid majors, which is great for the game.

Gross. Go back to New Jersey.

Is this the same source who stated Manning wasn't getting fired and would still be coaching Wake in '20-'21?

How many scholarships are expected to be open for 2021?

Seton Hall is one of the more irrelevant old-Big East schools. They have that unusual dichotomy of having neither a strong basketball history or a football program. At least South Florida plays football (or tries to).

Seton Hall is one of the more irrelevant old-Big East schools. They have that unusual dichotomy of having neither a strong basketball history or a football program. At least South Florida plays football (or tries to).

you mean the Seton Hall program that has 5 consecutive 20 wins seasons? 4 consecutive NCAA appearances (would have been five straight if NCAA had tourney last year). We could use some of that type of irrelevance

Lol Seton Hall has played in a final four, been a ranked team the past four or five years, and their attendance numbers (over 10k average) nearly double Clemson, Miami, and BC. They'll likely struggle this season with Myles Powell (Wooden award finalist) and Myles Cale graduating but Kevin Willard has built a legit program.

I'm sure this is old news I somehow missed but it seems the Yale transfer Paul Atkinson is no longer considering Wake and is favored to head to Miami next season. Don't blame him heading south after four years in New Haven. I have a feeling the transfer market will be plentiful with the amount of uncertainty surrounding basketball right now so hopefully Forbes is able to identify some quality targets and get to work, especially if the rumors about next year's freshman class likely being done are accurate.

This was a long time ago, but Seton Hall was also 3 seconds and one horrible foul call away from a national championship.

Lol Seton Hall has played in a final four, been a ranked team the past four or five years, and their attendance numbers (over 10k average) nearly double Clemson, Miami, and BC. They'll likely struggle this season with Myles Powell (Wooden award finalist) and Myles Cale graduating but Kevin Willard has built a legit program.

Going 20-10 for a couple years and getting bounced in the first round of the tourney is better than what we've been doing, but it hardly categorizes them as an upper-echelon program. I don't think their fans realistically expect anything better than that. They've won one tournament game in 10 years.

But back to your original argument, in a recruit's eyes, IMO there's not a big difference between playing Seton Hall (~ 21-13 in a good year) and Clemson and Miami (both of whom have more tourney wins than Seton Hall in the past 10 years). There's just no way the vast majority of recruits see playing in the current-Big East as such an upgrade over the ACC.

Going 20-10 for a couple years and getting bounced in the first round of the tourney is better than what we've been doing, but it hardly categorizes them as an upper-echelon program. I don't think their fans realistically expect anything better than that. They've won one tournament game in 10 years.

But back to your original argument, in a recruit's eyes, IMO there's not a big difference between playing Seton Hall (~ 21-13 in a good year) and Clemson and Miami (both of whom have more tourney wins than Seton Hall in the past 10 years). There's just no way the vast majority of recruits see playing in the current-Big East as such an upgrade over the ACC.

I think the relationship with coaches is being sold short. If you haven't been recruited hard to play division ! $ports, it's pretty hard to truly understand the perspective of what these kids are thinking. Let alone the fact that so many come from modest means.

Back