• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

If Friedrichsen commits, does that affect our chances with Juke Harris? We could have a logjam at shooting guard by 2024.

If Friedrichsen commits, does that affect our chances with Juke Harris? We could have a logjam at shooting guard by 2024.
our lead guard right now is playing like 97% of our minutes and will be gone next year. I don't really care about too many guards two seasons from now.

Logjams always work themselves out.

You can argue we only have one true SG and he’s in a grad year. But yeah, log jams work out.

I don't think so. Cam is versatile as a wing and can play as a 3 alongside another "shooting guard" type player, and Juke's freshman year would be Cam's senior year anyway. I think we will unfortunately need to part ways with one of Taylor or McCray to make room this offseason, but it is what it is and that's what happens when you create a system like this with the portal. If our guard rotation in 2024 is a PG (and maybe a backup PG), Cam, one of McCray/Taylor, Juke, and Friedrichsen that's not any less crowded than any other school's backcourt would be especially considering Cam and McCray/Taylor can play the 3.

our lead guard right now is playing like 97% of our minutes and will be gone next year. I don't really care about too many guards two seasons from now.

Logjams always work themselves out.
logjammin-thumb-1200w.jpg

Meine dispatcher says there is something wrong with deine Kabel

I don't think so. Cam is versatile as a wing and can play as a 3 alongside another "shooting guard" type player, and Juke's freshman year would be Cam's senior year anyway. I think we will unfortunately need to part ways with one of Taylor or McCray to make room this offseason, but it is what it is and that's what happens when you create a system like this with the portal. If our guard rotation in 2024 is a PG (and maybe a backup PG), Cam, one of McCray/Taylor, Juke, and Friedrichsen that's not any less crowded than any other school's backcourt would be especially considering Cam and McCray/Taylor can play the 3.

Forgetting Clark here. And Cokley in ‘24. We’re going to be able to shoot it, that’s for sure.

Forgetting Clark here. And Cokley in ‘24. We’re going to be able to shoot it, that’s for sure.
Wow yea completely forgot. Logjam indeed. Will need to look more into these guys because if none can run the point that's probably one or two too many off-ball guards to get them all time on the court.

I assume that our staff's strategy is to fill the PG role with a transfer every year based on our recruiting plan so far.

I assume that our staff's strategy is to fill the PG role with a transfer every year based on our recruiting plan so far.
Don't think that's the long-term plan at all I think that's just the way it's worked out. The plan with PGs at most strong programs is for guys to come in and sit behind experienced PGs for a year or two before taking on bigger roles. I'm sure Forbes saw Carter doing that behind Daivien and Ituka doing that behind Appleby but it hasn't really happened that way for different reasons.

it was stated here that we had a high school pg visiting a few weeks ago. Is there any progress from any high school point guards?

Just saw his name in an article I was reading, and pretty sure Jalen Cone has one more year after he completes this season at Northern Arizona. Shooting 40% from 3 this year, and had a 25% assist percentage last year (down to 17% this year). Knows the ACC, knows Winston-Salem (since he's from Walkertown), and would be a good 1-2 punch with Ituka at the 1.

Could we do better than Cone? Maybe? I'm sure the staff will analyze everybody out there.

Not sure it's in the cards, but could be a possibility.

His height and reach is probably a deficiency on defense, which is something Forbes would like to avoid again.

Back