• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

I remember having such high hopes for Ari Stewart and JT Terrell. Though IIRC Ari did hit a 3 from the Carolina logo in Kenan once (I think I was there for that).

6518553.jpg
Tough watching him dribble with his forehead.

I can't look at the roster that Forbes inherited and in good faith argue that he should have kept anybody that he showed the door. The cupboard was beyond bare aside from Massoud and Mucius, who were both one dimensional players at that point in time in their careers. He lost Chill, Sarr, and Brown, and also lost two other high minute players in Andrien White and Torry Johnson.

There's probably an argument to be made about how the portal negatively impacts players who truly should be on a roster, but this aint it.

I see now that you said after year one, but I don't really change my mind on that either - DuBose, Johnson and Antonio graduated, and then Okpomo, Adams, Ingraham, Neath, Ody, Massoud, and Wilkins left. The final two are the only ones who should've had a scholarship offer in the first place, with maybe Ody on the precipice.
Yea like I said Forbes isn't the best example of this anyway because he's a really good guy who goes above and beyond for his players. A lot of college coaches across all sports, including apparently a lot of his buddies, are scumbags that will chase a kid off into the portal to free up his scholarship to immediately bring in the transfer they want to poach. Have personally seen the effect it has on kids and let me tell you when talking about the effects of these things, we have to look past just the revenue sports that have a virtually unlimited number of scholarships anyway compared to others. Soccer has 9.1 schollies. We now have a situation where Syracuse chased off not only starters but literal national championship game winning goal scorers into the portal to get the scholarship back and use it to poach a transfer. Similar examples have taken place on my brother's college soccer team. The portal has created both a cover for coaches and with immediate eligibility now gives a supply of immediately eligible players that they feel they can grab from at any time as long as they first boot a kid to free up the money.

things have improved so much we forget how bad the times in the desert were.

Yea like I said Forbes isn't the best example of this anyway because he's a really good guy who goes above and beyond for his players. A lot of college coaches across all sports, including apparently a lot of his buddies, are scumbags that will chase a kid off into the portal to free up his scholarship to immediately bring in the transfer they want to poach.
60E4EAF1-5D0D-40F3-8F03-EAD05D222AAA.gif

Yea like I said Forbes isn't the best example of this anyway because he's a really good guy who goes above and beyond for his players. A lot of college coaches across all sports, including apparently a lot of his buddies, are scumbags that will chase a kid off into the portal to free up his scholarship to immediately bring in the transfer they want to poach. Have personally seen the effect it has on kids and let me tell you when talking about the effects of these things, we have to look past just the revenue sports that have a virtually unlimited number of scholarships anyway compared to others. Soccer has 9.1 schollies. We now have a situation where Syracuse chased off not only starters but literal national championship game winning goal scorers into the portal to get the scholarship back and use it to poach a transfer. Similar examples have taken place on my brother's college soccer team. The portal has created both a cover for coaches and with immediate eligibility now gives a supply of immediately eligible players that they feel they can grab from at any time as long as they first boot a kid to free up the money.
waiting with bated breath for your next post about how the transfer portal has RUINED your third cousin's aussie rules football squad

Brevity is a good thing. Condensed Readers Digest version please.

I do remember Childress and Cigs

Just looked him up and apparently Sunday Okeke graduated from Wake with a degree in psychology and is currently pursuing a master's in management at Fairfield. Wasn't he the kid with the video of him in a backyard in Nigeria or something? Awesome to see where he's ended up.

Okeke seemed like a great guy. I always wanted him to get some more playing time. We were going to lose anyways, so let the dude play

Thanks for the update. I remember him being a likable player with good size.

Who the hell are these guys??? Just goes to show how tuned out we all really were for almost a full decade

Back