• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

Good stuff from Les on Twitter:

Is Christian Beal injured?

Hinton 5-13 passing is a concern. The offense needs high efficiency in the passing game.

Hinton 5-13 passing is a concern. The offense needs high efficiency in the passing game.

My main concern of Hinton. Our offense is a lot of quick hit passes and occasional deep bomb. He has a beautiful deep ball but mid-range and short is a different story.

Newman put up good passing numbers last year in spring camp. Will be interesting to see if he keeps up his current pace.

Clawson said the defense had a great day. Hinton likely went up against the first team D.

It’s nuts he ran for 100 yards playing two hand touch.

Clawson said the defense had a great day. Hinton likely went up against the first team D.

It’s nuts he ran for 100 yards playing two hand touch.

Yeah I’m not even remotely concerned about his running ability.

The qb competition is really interesting. Even if Hinton is the clear starter, the competition for number 2, and the guy expected to take over eventually, is a big deal. My money is on Hartman long term, but I'm really hoping Newman has progressed enough to be the clear number two this year.

Yeah. For the first time ever, I feel good about the present and future of the Wake QB position.

My main concern of Hinton. Our offense is a lot of quick hit passes and occasional deep bomb. He has a beautiful deep ball but mid-range and short is a different story.

Newman put up good passing numbers last year in spring camp. Will be interesting to see if he keeps up his current pace.

I am not at all confident in Hinton’s ability to effectively manage the passing game. As I’ve said before, I would love to be proven wrong.

I am not at all confident in Hinton’s ability to effectively manage the passing game. As I’ve said before, I would love to be proven wrong.

Hinton over Wolford a few years ago was mostly about ability to escape because the O-line wad pretty porous. Wolford clearly was more accurate and better at reading the D. Hinton needs to improve on the reads and short throws or Wake will have a bad season or Hinton will be replaced.

Why did Beal not carry the ball on Saturday? Is he hurt?

why can't I find numbers from Wake's pro day?

I had folks ask me this on my site and on Twitter, and also seen it on here a couple times. I'm not sure how it's done other places, but there were no Wake pro day numbers produced or made available by the school.

Each individual scout timed events and took notes on their own. There were more than 40 scouts representing 29 NFL teams and they all kept their own records. They weren't shared with the media or with Wake Forest Athletic Communications. I've asked a couple times to make sure, but there's simply no numbers to share, because they were taken by each scout individually and not shared publicly.

Hope that helps a little.

No idea. Can't see the relation to Elrod. Interesting note about PJ Fleck in that link. Now that's probably a good idea post-Elrod.

I had folks ask me this on my site and on Twitter, and also seen it on here a couple times. I'm not sure how it's done other places, but there were no Wake pro day numbers produced or made available by the school.

Each individual scout timed events and took notes on their own. There were more than 40 scouts representing 29 NFL teams and they all kept their own records. They weren't shared with the media or with Wake Forest Athletic Communications. I've asked a couple times to make sure, but there's simply no numbers to share, because they were taken by each scout individually and not shared publicly.

Hope that helps a little.

one good note is that there were more teams (29) at Wake in 2018 vs 20 last year. The 40+ scouts is also probaly higher than last year's number. Any idea what or who was the big draw this year?

one good note is that there were more teams (29) at Wake in 2018 vs 20 last year. The 40+ scouts is also probaly higher than last year's number. Any idea what or who was the big draw this year?

Jessie Bates? He's getting 2nd round projections. Plus Duke is very likely to be drafted. Lee was the only likely draft pick last year.

Back