• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

Tabard Hines visiting Texas.

Who would have ever thought that a Wake Forest player would look to transfer to Texas for more playing time????
Is the world upside down or what?

Seriously, Tabari.........really.

Similar to that dude Devon something transferring to WVU.

Looks like we had a scrimmage today. Solid offensive numbers. Beal, Bell, Colburn combining for 147 on 29 carries.

I have a feeling Sam Hartman is going to start a lot of games for us.

Looks like we had a scrimmage today. Solid offensive numbers. Beal, Bell, Colburn combining for 147 on 29 carries.

I have a feeling Sam Hartman is going to start a lot of games for us.

Where can we get details?

Im so tired of these kids quitting on a school and looking to go elsewhere. Kid got playing time here and was doing fine, this current generation of undergrads sucks.

Just get over that. They shouldn’t have to even sit out a year. It’s stupid. Coaches don’t have to sit out a year when they quit on kids and go somewhere else. Let people make their own decisions for themselves.

Just get over that. They shouldn’t have to even sit out a year. It’s stupid. Coaches don’t have to sit out a year when they quit on kids and go somewhere else. Let people make their own decisions for themselves.

Why are you always advocating on the maximum freedom of the players to do anything they damn well please? These situations are exactly why there is a "sit a year out" rule in the first place. Kids just shopping themselves around to programs so they can maximize their playing careers in their view, at the expense of everything else. (I guess with a diploma, at least they've satisfied the academic basis of the equation.) It all goes back to the theory that this is about education and amateur players, not pros. Oh yeah, but I forget, you also want to shatter that ideal as well -- college "free agency" all the way, let the highest bidder win!

If y’all haven’t looked at Wolford’s senior highlights, check them out: https://youtu.be/8j1Do8dvypA

Seeing all these dimes back to back to back is really a striking testament to his anticipation and accuracy. We are really going to miss him next year. I hope he catches on somewhere in the league.

If y’all haven’t looked at Wolford’s senior highlights, check them out: https://youtu.be/8j1Do8dvypA

Seeing all these dimes back to back to back is really a striking testament to his anticipation and accuracy. We are really going to miss him next year. I hope he catches on somewhere in the league.

Great stuff, thanks for posting it. After watching that, it strikes me that Tabari Hinds may have made a big mistake. Had he stayed at Wake he would have known the offense really well and could have put up some impressive numbers (even if he was splitting catches with Dortch). Now he's going to have to learn a new offense wherever he goes, and there's a good chance it won't be nearly as dynamic as it would be at Wake. Hopefully his credits transfer and he's able to graduate on time.

Great stuff, thanks for posting it. After watching that, it strikes me that Tabari Hinds may have made a big mistake. Had he stayed at Wake he would have known the offense really well and could have put up some impressive numbers (even if he was splitting catches with Dortch). Now he's going to have to learn a new offense wherever he goes, and there's a good chance it won't be nearly as dynamic as it would be at Wake. Hopefully his credits transfer and he's able to graduate on time.

Plus, he won't go through spring practice with a new school, so he basically just has the summer to grasp a new system and try to make a splash. Heck, freshman that enroll early will get a head start on him.

Back