• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

Loh is a weird dude who struggles to read for context and has terribly misplaced priorities.

Back to the topic at hand. Is consensus opinion building that Hartman will be starting against Tulane? I guess we'll all know a little more after the 2nd scrimmage tomorrow?

Yeah. Looks like Hartman is the guy reading between the lines.

Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone could think that Grobe and Caldwell worked with the same resources.

Grobe won 7 games in his first year. Grobe was a much better coach than Caldwell. They both were and are fine people, but I don’t see how anyone can try to blame Caldwell’s horrible record on lack of resources. Grobe’s ACC championship got the Deacon Tower built.

As the summer heat hits its apex, tempers flare up on the field. And too, for the OGBoards.

Grobe won 7 games in his first year. Grobe was a much better coach than Caldwell. They both were and are fine people, but I don’t see how anyone can try to blame Caldwell’s horrible record on lack of resources. Grobe’s ACC championship got the Deacon Tower built.

Nobody's saying he isn't. But it's completely false to say they had the same resources. Once again, Wake completed a huge fundraising drive as Caldwell's time at Wake was winding down. Grobe got to reap the benefits.

You don't get it, do you? You're so mired in Wolford hate that you completely miss my point on Hines. Hines was a nonfactor before Dortch, like most of our other receivers (sans Cam). When Dortch went down, Hines was called in to substitute for him and being so motivated by jealousy he busted out with a career performance IN THOSE LAST GAMES WITHOUT DORTCH. It's all about Hines, not Dortch's performances per se. I mean come on, this is clear.
How did you read ChrisL's post as Wolford hate? What the hell?

which article/interview best supports this?

my instinct from not that much information is that Hartman has the higher ceiling, so it's good news that he may emerge as the Week 1 starter

Also, who in the hell is trying to make the Newman/Hartman battle into a race thing? WTF? Classic Loh trash posting.

Clawson quotes from the first scrimmage if I remember correctly. Before that he was pretty clear he had no problems not redshirting Hartman. Once that's off the table, it's clear Hartman has a legit shot.

Clawson quotes from the first scrimmage if I remember correctly. Before that he was pretty clear he had no problems not redshirting Hartman. Once that's off the table, it's clear Hartman has a legit shot.

I know Clawson has said both will likely see the field this season. I think, given the levels of inexperience, that's entirely possible and not just coach-speak.

I know Clawson has said both will likely see the field this season. I think, given the levels of inexperience, that's entirely possible and not just coach-speak.

Yeah both will definitely play against Tulane. I think it will be a two game tryout to see who will start against BC, but there's a good chance Hartman will start against Tulane. We'll see after this upcoming scrimmage.

When I read between the lines, I see these guys both playing at least 33% of the snaps thru the first 2 games. It might be one does better near the red zone or has a hot hand, but I think Clawson specifically said last week that neither guy can be expected to focus for 80+ plays in a game. I read that to mean he wanted to try and keep each guy at under 50 reps.

Back