• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

No Terence Davis, no Trey Rucker. Roberson has not improved enough to hold the slot job by himself. Masterson at safety instead of rover.

This team is going to really struggle. An OL in flux, a passing game that has 1 receiver that has proven anything, corner backs that are flat scary. This was not the year to remove BC and villanova from the schedule.

Disagree. Think the defense will be far better than last year (this should be Clawson's best defense), and think the OL is underrated. Zach Tom will play in the NFL, and C Mike Jurgens is going to be solid. Agree that the OL will miss Davis, but every team is going to have some losses. Really like Walker at RB, and think Hartman is real deal. As afar as the receivers go, I trust Clawson's recruiting. Over the 2 years, Clawson has put 4 receivers in the NFL (counting Surratt). Just because the current starters haven't played a lot does not mean they can't play. Look out for Taylor Morin. He will make plays.

Don't like the schedule. Hate opening with Clemson, and then playing ND two weeks later. That makes the State game in Raleigh, a must win. Also, I am concerned that WF will be banged up when we face the most competitive opponents later in the schedule. I have a lot of faith in Clawson and staff that has stuck together for so long. They know how to develop talent and put the team in position to win.

Last edited:
Is having the rover position (Redd) listed as OLB new to this year?

Agreed this is about what I expected, though there are a lot of -ors-. WR and secondary are young, but should have talent.

I agree with Creamy that Morin is gonna be a stud. I think he'll be the guy by the end of the season.

Masterson, Redd, and Greer are the best players on the back end, so I agree with getting them all on the field at once.

Davis, Rucker, and Bothroyd are all injured. At least 2/3 should be back in a few weeks.

Stewart as the 4th WR, splitting with a true freshman, is a disappointment. Looks like a waste of a grad transfer slot.

Disagree. Think the defense will be far better than last year (this should be Clawson's best defense), and think the OL is underrated. Zach Tom will play in the NFL, and C Mike Jurgens is going to be solid. Agree that the OL will miss Davis, but every team is going to have some losses. Really like Walker at RB, and think Hartman is real deal. As afar as the receivers go, I trust Clawson's recruiting. Over the 2 years, Clawson has put 4 receivers in the NFL (counting Surratt). Just because the current starters haven't played a lot does not mean they can't play. Look out for Taylor Morin. He will make plays.

Don't like the schedule. Hate opening with Clemson, and then playing ND two weeks later. That makes the State game in Raleigh, a must win. Also, I am concerned that WF will be banged up when we face the most competitive opponents later in the schedule. I have a lot of faith in Clawson and staff that has stuck together for so long. They know how to develop talent and put the team in position to win.

Good post. I liked the pickup of Davis, but didn't see the need. Nya and Maginn are both essentially returning starters (they split time like Gilliam / Benzinger the year before). They moved Tom in part because Jurgens looked ready. The OL has talent.

No Suratt geezus. What the hell with Davis and Rucker? They are important -

The quality of this team will be dependent upon it's willingness to persevere and improve. They are more likely to get hammered the first three games then they are to be competitive. The success of their season will be determined in the final eight games.

The quality of this team will be dependent upon it's willingness to persevere and improve. They are more likely to get hammered the first three games then they are to be competitive. The success of their season will be determined in the final eight games.

You think State Hammers us?

Obviously, things can change based upon the outcome of the Clemson game and both teams injury situation, but think WF at State would be around a pick right now.

Can someone remind me what happened to Mike Allen? He is not listed on any depth charts but is still listed on the roster.

Can someone remind me what happened to Mike Allen? He is not listed on any depth charts but is still listed on the roster.

He's not as good as the guys playing ahead of him. People fell in love with his offer list, but once you get on campus PT is decided by merit and not reputation.

They will have to endeavor to persevere.

You think State Hammers us?

No, but State is capable of winning. The focus of my statement is on the three games as a grouping prior to the bye week. I think it more likely the Deacs are defeated in all three games (and hammered in two) than to win 2 of 3 and stay close in the third. For the Deacs to be compete in all three games, the defense will need to be greatly improved. Inexperience at CB is something teams like Clemson and ND exploit for blowouts. NCSU will attempt to do so as well. There are too many ? on offense too early in the season. I figure a L-W-L result.

Greer and Masterson listed as starting safeties. Which one is the free safety?

While Greer can hit like a strong safety, I assume he is the free safety as he is one of the fastest players on the team. He has had many a TD saving tackle after someone else played matador defense.

Those two should be bringing the lumber. (sponsored by yellawood)

I'm not very worried about run defense this year. Wake should be pretty good up the middle of the field, but maaaaan I hope they can cover on the outside.

Those two should be bringing the lumber. (sponsored by yellawood)

I'm not very worried about run defense this year. Wake should be pretty good up the middle of the field, but maaaaan I hope they can cover on the outside.

A good pass rush is the secondary's best friend, so hopefully we can produce that.

Back