• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

New Rivals article states its ND, UNC, VT, and Wake as the main contenders for decomitted WR Donavan Greene

If we were to get the Greene kid and the Kid that decommited from Wisconsin. Along with Clarke and Flowers that would be epic

The only thing I'll say is that I admire the dook and hole coaches for trying to use strategies that can improve their recruiting success in some degree. Some might become disaffected with it, but if those methods weren't used the recruit wouldn't have committed in the first place. I often feel wake is some patsy school that would never consider methods like this. But this is all a game within a game and the bombastic cutcliffe knows the "score" and will do almost anything to beat out wake for recruits. He believes, check that, "knows" that dook is a superior school and program and I'm sure he trashes wake to the nth degree to recruits considering us. Have to fight fire with fire.

I look at it as he's over the hill and is making one last charge to try and keep Duke from slipping back to a 3 win team.

I look at it as he's over the hill and is making one last charge to try and keep Duke from slipping back to a 3 win team.

We'll see if he plays a lot of true freshmen like Grobe did in his last year.

Same. I think they put it a nice club house or something.

IIRC from being there 2 years ago. Yes, they removed the track, lowered the field, new turf, and added some sideline seats, a new video board, new restrooms, and a large near field football facility. They spent a lot of $$$.

I just googled their renovation and now im depressed - its actually really nice. Our video board still has 15 more horizontal feet of bojangles ads than theirs.

dook actually copied our Deacon Tower in their stadium renovations. :mad:

Same contractor??

But do they have the same shit food service company in the Tower?

We'll see if he plays a lot of true freshmen like Grobe did in his last year.

I wonder whether grad transfers in football will reach the level they have reached in hoop; if so, programs will have very little incentive to redshirt a player

If he's going to be really good in year 5, will you be able to keep him, or will he take advantage of unrestricted free agency and go elsewhere ala Tabari Hines?

Hines didn’t redshirt.

I've been saying that myself. And my own thought is: Go ahead and redshirt them, just don't pay for them to attend summer school. You don't want them graduating before their 5th year, thus assisting them in abandoning your program.

I don't think that Tabari's issue is that he got too good for Wake. His problem was that he had someone in front of him that he couldn't beat out. Outside of that QB that went to Oregon from Eastern Washington (or some place like that), I can't think of a case where an FBS starter did the grad transfer thing to a "better" program. And that kid went from FCS to FBS. For the most part, it seems to be second and third stringers who think they can get more playing time at another school. So in essence, you are losing some depth; not a guy that is primed to be a star.

I've been saying that myself. And my own thought is: Go ahead and redshirt them, just don't pay for them to attend summer school. You don't want them graduating before their 5th year, thus assisting them in abandoning your program.

notsureifserious.jpg

That's a lame way to "build" a program. I hope Clawson doesn't sit around worrying that he'll develop players to the point that they want to jump to a better program...I'm betting he just plans to build a better program at Wake. Opposing coaches would use that against us on the recruiting trail. There's nothing better than a 5th year senior who is mostly done with his degree, has 4 years of experience, and can dedicate almost every waking hour to being a better football player.

Last edited:
i know it's a small thing but i'm curious why groves stadium is still artificial turf?

there's just no reason to not be growing grass below the mason dixon line especially when there's evidence suggesting knee and recovery problems attributed to field turf.

Back