• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I would be shocked if he or Flowers are Deacs on signing day. Disappointing to say the least.

Our QB pipeline is still strong.

More importantly, regardless of what happens on July 4, the first signing day is still over 6 months away.

And even still, I trust Clawson to recruit a good QB in this class if he feels he needs one.

Silver lining is that it speaks to the staff’s ability to identify kids early and get them to verbally commit. Obviously not the same as getting them on campus but it’s an important part of the process. Still a bummer to lose a QB recruit to a big program in consecutive years.

The 2019 class for Quarterbacks is one of the weakest in years. Kind of an odd situation to be in overall. We'll get another 3*, but too bad it isn't Clark

Wow. 247 just put out an article on the Clark decommitment and it's a doozy. Secret overnight visit to Clemson (Didn't tell the WF staff?). Announcing a new college next month. Basically no reference to Wake at all. Wonder how long the staff has known, because it doesn't sound like he's been coming here for a while now.

Wow. 247 just put out an article on the Clark decommitment and it's a doozy. Secret overnight visit to Clemson (Didn't tell the WF staff?). Announcing a new college next month. Basically no reference to Wake at all. Wonder how long the staff has known, because it doesn't sound like he's been coming here for a while now.
I mean, being real, some kids like Clark commit to us as a safety school, just waiting/hoping to blow up and get better offers. All we were to him was a backup plan in case he broke his leg or or had a bad season.

Silver lining is that it speaks to the staff’s ability to identify kids early and get them to verbally commit. Obviously not the same as getting them on campus but it’s an important part of the process. Still a bummer to lose a QB recruit to a big program in consecutive years.

This. It sucks, but I'd rather have a talented QB commit for almost a year and then get big time offers rather than try to get that kid after he has the big time offers.

His Elite 11 interview just a few days ago didn't mention anybody but Wake. I thought he was hyped for the cookout. Oh well. We were going to have to keep recruiting him until December anyway.

The good news for Clark is that he’ll finally get the ratings bump he deserves since he is no longer committed to wake. I hope we can hold on to flowers, but I think he’ll be gone pretty soon too.

Yea this is a total bummer. He had positive things to say about wake as recently as a few days ago. To not even be in the discussion now? Disappointing. Good luck to him. In Clawson we trust

This has to be devastating to the staff. Get a talented QB and you have to "hope" he doesn't excel in recruiting competitions so you can keep him. Otherwise you nearly always lose out to a more established program. Somehow, some way, we need to do things to reduce this condition. A strong track record of success would be a good start... do more with less as Ph always used to say. I hope Clawson is more dedicated to the program than some of these recruits are when the big offers start coming in.

Given what we know now about Clawson, that Winston-Salem food scene thread is more important than ever.

If he did not pre-inform the staff then shame on him and his parents. He has the right to choose which ever school he wants but to do it in the dead of night with no respectful communication is just unprofessional. Focusing on how to be upfront and honest is every bit as important a learning how to run a football team - even more so in the game of life. I hope that was communicated out of respect for the staff and what they saw in him.

I sure hope he is not stupid enough to go to Clemson. They have a commit already in this class from a QB ranked quite a bit higher than him, plus the number 1 QB in the 2018 class, plus the number 2 and 17 QB in the 2017 class, and then the number 7 QB in the 2016 class. Assuming all of those kids will be around when he gets there (would imagine at least a couple will have transferred by then), that means there will be at least 5 QBs that were ranked ahead of him on the team. And it's almost a certainty that they will have higher rated recruits in the classes that follow his. In essence, there is probably a 100 times better chance he finishes out his last couple of seasons as a place like ODU, than plays any meaningful snaps at Clemson. I would love to know what sort of smoke a coach like Dabo blows in explaining his role on the team. It makes little sense that Clemson would even be trying to add another QB to this class. It makes even less sense that a QB like Clark would take them serious.

Back