• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

He made the right decision as he realized he won’t be able to throw to Dortch and Scotty while at Wake.

I sure hope he is not stupid enough to go to Clemson. They have a commit already in this class from a QB ranked quite a bit higher than him, plus the number 1 QB in the 2018 class, plus the number 2 and 17 QB in the 2017 class, and then the number 7 QB in the 2016 class. Assuming all of those kids will be around when he gets there (would imagine at least a couple will have transferred by then), that means there will be at least 5 QBs that were ranked ahead of him on the team. And it's almost a certainty that they will have higher rated recruits in the classes that follow his. In essence, there is probably a 100 times better chance he finishes out his last couple of seasons as a place like ODU, than plays any meaningful snaps at Clemson. I would love to know what sort of smoke a coach like Dabo blows in explaining his role on the team. It makes little sense that Clemson would even be trying to add another QB to this class. It makes even less sense that a QB like Clark would take them serious.

This. Clemson makes no sense. Trevor Lawrence was #1 QB last year and had an awesome spring game performance. There are other football factories out there where he would have a shot and would be understandable. More power to him. Clemson has transfer written all over it.

Put this out in a Tweet earlier, but a few names I think we could go after now are:

Amani Gilmore, Lousiana Dual Threat, 2 Other P5 Offers, 5.5 on Rivals
Quad Brown IV, Alabama Pro Style, 1 Other P5 Offer, 5.5 on Rivals
Robert Harvey Jr, Florida Dual Threat, 4 Other P5 Offers, 5.5 on Rivals
Justin Fomby, Goergia Pro Style, 1 Other P5 Offer, 5.6 on Rivals

All of their recruitments are wide open at the moment and they are 3* prospects. Quad Brown IV might have the highest ceiling simply based on his size and arm strength

Cornelious Brown IV 6-5/180. I'm intrigued. Looks like the kind of guy we're recruiting now. A pocket passer who can move.

He kind of reminds me of James Blackman from FSU simply based on how he plays and his size. Fomby is similar to that as well. Meanwhile, Gilmore and Harvey Jr. play much more like Hinton as Dual Threats based on their Hudl film

If he did not pre-inform the staff then shame on him and his parents. He has the right to choose which ever school he wants but to do it in the dead of night with no respectful communication is just unprofessional. Focusing on how to be upfront and honest is every bit as important a learning how to run a football team - even more so in the game of life. I hope that was communicated out of respect for the staff and what they saw in him.

I agree; but he is just a kid. Unless his parents or coaches are on top of such things, I doubt that he realizes the appropriate way to handle it. Although, you would hope that he recognizes that the word "commitment" means something substantial.

I agree; but he is just a kid. Unless his parents or coaches are on top of such things, I doubt that he realizes the appropriate way to handle it. Although, you would hope that he recognizes that the word "commitment" means something substantial.

Not in today's world

If he did not pre-inform the staff then shame on him and his parents. He has the right to choose which ever school he wants but to do it in the dead of night with no respectful communication is just unprofessional. Focusing on how to be upfront and honest is every bit as important a learning how to run a football team - even more so in the game of life. I hope that was communicated out of respect for the staff and what they saw in him.

Agree.

Wake makes the Final 3 for 3* APB Tyler Goodson with WVU and Iowa. Making his decision next month. He visited MSD last weekend and has been on campus numerous times

QB recruits that have been "stolen" from us have not fared well. Remember the one who went to Alabama. Dont think he ever threw a pass in a game, and finished up at NorthTexas State. Then the kid that Chad Pennington talked into going to Marshall ended up a backup at Western Carolina. I am sure there are a few others.

To be fair, until recently QB recruits who haven't been stolen from us haven't fared well either.

The most recent was the kid from Arkansas that was committed for a long time before bolting to Mizzu a week or two before signing day. I found an article that shows he is 4th on their spring depth chart. Looks like he redshirted last season. I don't think he was ever committed to Wake, but Phillip Ely was a kid that picked Alabama over Wake and then never got to play there and finally transferred to Toledo.

Maybe he thinks he can go to Tennessee and be the new staff’s guy. That’s my guess as to where he ends up.

Those programs blow smoke up the kids asses about competing for playing time, but they get on campus, receive no coaching attention, and realize they're going to spend their entire career holding clipboards behind 5 star recruits. So they get 1 or 2 years of FBS playoff rings and conference championship swag, lots of poontang, and then transfer somewhere small enough where they will be a "big time Alabama transfer"

Alec Morris was a Texas kid- high 3 Star that looked to be our heir apparent in 2012? when Saben snatched him from us to run their scout team for a couple of years so the back-ups wouldn't get hurt. We ended up with Tyler Cameron. Hard to parlay a winner in that one.

Alec Morris was a Texas kid- high 3 Star that looked to be our heir apparent in 2012? when Saben snatched him from us to run their scout team for a couple of years so the back-ups wouldn't get hurt. We ended up with Tyler Cameron. Hard to parlay a winner in that one.

Pretty sure Bama turned that qb into a punter. ha!

Back