• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Wake received a commitment from Will Ross, S-ATH, South Point HS, Belmont, NC.

Looks like he had offers from Sewanee, Carleton, Trinity College and Washington & Lee.

I am going to guess walk-on.

Seems like it. His Twitter does include some Wake recruiting materials.

Banks is in his 3rd year. Greene was very good in his 2nd year in 2020 but much of his playing time came because Surratt didn't play. Also I think the position has improved to the point that it will be harder for the next Greene (like Grimes) to start as a 2nd year. Obviously it would be great if that was the case, but it just seems tough to do. For example next year's top 3 outside WR rotation looks like Greene, Banks, and Fields plus perhaps Williams, maybe Grimes. Not sure if Hensley is a slot or outside or possibly both like Morin.

I think Clawson ideally has 4 outside WR and 2 slots he feels he can run anything with. It's possible Fields would have been the 4th if healthy.
Might as well change the team name to East Texas Tech.

Watching Guyer, TX vs. Allen, TX high school game tonight. Apparently, almost their entire starting lineups are going to football factory schools. Even showed OU coaches flying in on a charter just to watch this game.

Maybe we break that ceiling in recruiting one of these days. I have to believe we're getting warmer.

TIL that many Georgia High Schools have broadcasts of their football games available for viewing via internet. These broadcasts are done by students, but are good. They also can be viewed later. So if there are Geogia HS players you want to watch in actual game situations and not just Huddle highlights, just search for the high school and football game broadcasts.

We have that in Meck Co. Intermittently. Debatable quality.

Better late than never.

Fran Tarkenton has been in the Pro Football Hall of Fame for 35 years.

Jim Parker was inducted almost 50 years ago (1973).

Last edited:
Great timing for this announcement! Wonder why they didn’t go with alphabetical or chronological order in listing the inductees. Hmmmmm

Did Georgia finally start a high school hall of fame in 2022 just to help Herschel Walker win a Senate campaign?

Did Georgia finally start a high school hall of fame in 2022 just to help Herschel Walker win a Senate campaign?
Looks that way. Particularly with him as the first guy on the list.

Timing is suspicious but Walker ran for 3,167 yards in his senior season to win a State championship

That’s 3000 yards in one season.

Nobody’s arguing Walker wasn’t a great Georgia high school football player. It’s just a weird time to all of a sudden come up with a hall of fame.

I said timing was suspicious. Two people wondered why he was first on the list. As I said, timing is suspicious. He’s the best high school football player in Georgia history. He also shouldn’t be a senator.

Yeah. The Miami 247 article says that. A friend of mine talked to someone in the program who said that as well. My impression was a South Florida kid blew up and the U has to do due diligence and reach out. They did. Mays took an unofficial and checked them out but remains committed.

Wake has a good thing going at WR. Come in and sit and learn for 2 years behind NFL-caliber players then feast for 3 years in a WR-friendly offense.
Sit for one year unless you are ready.

Back