• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

You could substitute in the list of programs that offered Nolan Groux (NCSU/Nebraska/WVU/Duke/South Carolina), sound just as aggrieved, and look quite silly.
Man there are red flags on every prospect but the ones for Groulx came up with a vengeance. Extremely tough at the catch point, fought for everything, but a tick too slow and could not get over catching with his chest instead of his hands.

100%. My favorite was 2017 DE commit Michael Allen.

Offered by Bama, GA, ND, Tennessee, Miami, FL, FSU among essentially everyone else. WF landed him and he could not play.

If Timmy had objected to the Nolan Groux signing, that would be one thing. Just aware that he was not happy with Ari Confesor hire and wonder if that is his source of the problem with this commitment. Even with the Groulx flame out, WF's hit rate at that position is strong.
It was my understanding that Michael Allen just wasn't as dedicated to football as he needed to be.

Timmy is continuing his anti-Ari Confesor campaign. So, its going to be a while before Timmy is on board with anything that the Deacs' new receivers coach accomplishes, including beating a ton of Power Conference schools for a coveted recruit.

Timmy sees weaknesses that the coaching staffs at WF, TN, Ole Miss, VT, Duke, Arkansas among many others don't see.
I am probably more on the wait and see side when it comes to Confesor than most. This is his first WR commit, and I will be curious to see others as well as how our loaded WR room improves this season.

When I watch Jose Leon's tape in comparison, there are more catches within 5 yards and in tight coverage that stand out to me. (Though now I can't get the Nolan Groulx comparisons out of my head). I was a big Shamar McCollum guy, thought was going to be a stud.

Cam is right, different players are going to do different things well, and the staff is going to recruit off of potential and the ability to develop the rest of their game. Now if Cam could just get those stars for Neely and Cook, I'll be set.

I wonder if that dude still hangs around practices or is too busy at home reading conspiracy theories

It was my understanding that Michael Allen just wasn't as dedicated to football as he needed to be.
As a general rule, when a 4 star can't stay on the field at a WF type program where they're not competing with 4 and 5 star guys, it has more to do with what is between the ears than anything. Maybe they expect things to work out successfully without working for results. Maybe the stars are too bright in their eyes.

He will have plenty of time to improve and put on weight before seeing the field, given the waiting line at WR. Everyone be patient. We can judge when it’s his time to produce results.

It is a VERY strong dad move to get suited up in football gear along with your son on his official visit

I know probably just a typo. . . but it says "earned" and not learned. . . lol

all kidding aside, kid looks like he had a blast!

Back