• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Yeah, Wolford is not going to be the QB coach next year, Miss Cleo.

I don't know who Cleo is and am not looking it up, so I'll dismiss your diss w my ignorance. I also simply don't care. I also didn't mean to imply he would be "the" QB coach, just that he would be a grad assistant type hire who would obviously concentrate on QB prep.

I've heard Wolford has accepted an offer with Barclay's in NYC. Very smart dude. This would seem to dispel any thoughts of him possibly going to the NFL or into coaching, though I guess if somehow his NFL prospects spike he could renege.

My and Ph expect 500 words from all of you about how Hinton’s ass tastes sometime in late September.

I've heard Wolford has accepted an offer with Barclay's in NYC. Very smart dude. This would seem to dispel any thoughts of him possibly going to the NFL or into coaching, though I guess if somehow his NFL prospects spike he could renege.

Sorry to hear that winning the Belk Bowl will be the last redeemable thing that he does for mankind

Last edited:
It sometimes is amazing to think that the staff is looking for guys to replace guys who have yet to play very much. That is, guys being recruited to enter in the fall of 2019 are (mostly) being looked at as players beginning in 2021, their redshirt soph season. They will be replacing guys who are current (2017) redshirt freshmen and who will be RS sophs in 2018, RS Jrs in 19 and 5th year seniors the 2020 season.

It really must be tough to look at a HS kid and imagine what he will look like and be capable of doing in four years. Yet coaches jobs are dependent on them being good at doing this.

Really? That's not a saying I've heard before. Brasky, are you who you work for?

He is likely unemployed. Not sure why else any one would resent a finance major getting a job with a bulge bracket bank.

Clawson is about to crush the 19 recruiting class!!

Donovon Greene had 34 points vs Parkland in the Spencer Classic (including a couple of monster dunks) and made the all-tournament team. I’ll bet a WF football coach was in attendance. We need to lock Greene up before Notre Dame and Va Tech offer.

My and Ph expect 500 words from all of you about how Hinton’s ass tastes sometime in late September.

This y’all. People act like Wolford wasn’t questionable AF a year ago. Hinton can make the same leap. Clawson clearly executes a plan. I expect the QB position to keep improving as Clawson learns how to get the most out of his guys and he recruits and develops better OL and skill position players.

Back