• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I believe Devonte Gordon will be a grayshirt due to an injury. Do we know of anyone else delaying enrollment that might affect scholarship numbers?

I think the slot receiver Manning was introduced as a greyshirt as well

I believe there are going to be 3 grayshirts according to a very well place birdie

So, if grayshirts aren't on the team until next year, are they still in school? Do they stay home and take classes at the community college?

So, if grayshirts aren't on the team until next year, are they still in school? Do they stay home and take classes at the community college?

No, that would count as a year against their eligibility. They can/will enroll after next season and count against the '19 class. This will make the scholly number fit.

WF now has an open scholly with Bates headed to the League....

WF now has an open scholly with Bates headed to the League....

I noticed on 247 that 2018 #70th ranked S Avonta Crim has WF on his list & still unsigned. The predictions favor Iowa St w/ WF as a longshot. Bates going to NFL early certainly helps our pitch. Anyone know what's going on with Crim?

2019 3 star (though was 4 star prior to committing to us of course) QB committ Brendon Clark posted his junior year Hudl highlights yesterday. Kid looks like a stud. He’s listed as a pro-style QB, but clearly has good to great running ability. His passes look effortless, but very accurate. Has great receivers too. Listed as 6’2, which is slightly taller than most of our QBs. I think he could come in a compete immediately for PT, just hope we can hold onto him!

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4188385/5a27658dbed6cb388460a939

2019 3 star (though was 4 star prior to committing to us of course) QB committ Brendon Clark posted his junior year Hudl highlights yesterday. Kid looks like a stud. He’s listed as a pro-style QB, but clearly has good to great running ability. His passes look effortless, but very accurate. Has great receivers too. Listed as 6’2, which is slightly taller than most of our QBs. I think he could come in a compete immediately for PT, just hope we can hold onto him!

Go Figure.

Impressive.

If nothing else, the stories of Georgia and Alabama are great for recruiting to show that you've always gotta be ready to answer that call regardless of who the starter is ahead of you in the depth chart as well as you've got a chance to win that job if you're the best.

Buddy on the other team (on the play starting at 15:00) targets the shit out of our guy Brendon

It's interesting that we are seemingly targeting both dual-threat and pro-style quarterbacks.

Has anybody heard Dave Clawson talk about that at all/the differences that it can play in recruiting other positions? Or does that not matter?

It's interesting that we are seemingly targeting both dual-threat and pro-style quarterbacks.

Has anybody heard Dave Clawson talk about that at all/the differences that it can play in recruiting other positions? Or does that not matter?

Seems like all of our current QBs/recruits have significantly above average running ability than what you'd expect from the stereotypical pro-style QB. I think the QB run is always going to be a piece of the Clawfense, just to different extents depending on the QB.

Back